Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Pretty little high tailed cockerel.

White bantam project cockerel, he is being bred to a white bantam hen.

White bantam project cockerel bred to a white pullet, his mate is brooding 8 eggs.

Bantam project cockerel, he is bred to a black pullet. She is brooding 8 eggs.

Three year old cock, notice the spur.

Bantam project cockerel, he is being mated to a white pullet.

5 year old large fowl hen being mated to a white large fowl cock.

A splendid colored pullet good enough to keep. I hatched one like her last year that just didn't have enough quality to keep. This ones tail is too high, but good otherwise. The color seems to be a blue dark red. Probably not wheaten, but rather a duckwing split to wheaten.

A 10 week old cockerel that I like a lot. The Cubalaya cockerel that is... the others are an Olive Egger project that my spouse is greatly enjoying.

I have 14 broodies on eggs as of right now. Should have several more in the next few weeks.

I. Love reading this thread. I just don't have the courage to try working with these birds.
You folks are doing a good job of breeding them and getting new colors going. I'm not too good with color names.
I know this post is over 3 years old; I just wondered if anyone could tell me what colors those two birds are?

I have three or four hens this color. Crossed a Salmon Naked Neck with some Easter Eggers that are a Blue Wheaten Splash and 1 hen is a buffish salmon color. So would they be dominant white split to Wheaten?

Last edited:
I am getting back into chickens after a year off.( Post raccoon apocalypse.) The Cubalaya is tops on my list.

I am looking for a slow growing, high foraging, dual purpose bird. High weights and fast growth are actually counter to what I believe is best for me and the birds.

But that being said, I would like to know at what age is it best to processes the cull birds of either sex. Older birds are fine since I see them as bio-acumulators of the nutrition my family needs, and since I like soup.

Thanks

love.gif

Back
Top Bottom