Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Pics
gallo, did he tell you how he got the 'red' cubalayas? i sold that guy my original gold wheaton hen that i got from sandhill so she must be getting up in age. thats what glenn drowns called them. the only things with multiple spurs here are the blacks from saladin and the gold duckwing from you.
saladin, i will let her grow up some more because she got silver wheaton from the gold duckwing. is stipled a dq or fault that should be bred out?

Last edited:
The Standard calls for Wheaten, but remember there is no Standard for the Duckwings (Silver and Golden). You can breed them however you like. I like the Silver Wheaten because the breed is Wheaten based. However, I never throw out a good stippled hen. I figure they represent either the Game in their background or the Finch strain: most likely the Finch strain, which I think should be conserved within the gene pool.

Cubalaya, is this a good example of the mother of your silver pullet? This is a pullet out of your original "golden duckwing" hen.

42987_redpullet2.jpg

Saladin, this would be a partially stippled pullet, right?

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, I would say she is partially stippled; though you'll see that in the straight wheaten pullets too; the stippling that is. What color is her breast?

Quote:
gallo, yes it is similar but not exactly the same. she looks big. did the guy say what the father was? he told me that the furness rooster got killed by a hawk. maybe he got a few eggs first. that white looks exactly the way mine are coming.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'll have to take your word for it as photos lie because it looks like a cinnamon wheaten should look to me in the breast (from the photo).

Back
Top Bottom