Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

From what little I have been able to glean, I am beginning to agree with Cubakid and Jungle. Eggs might be a better way to go. It looks to me like they are much easier to import, and while you are not sure of the quality you are getting, a bunch of chicks could work out better than a pair or trio in numbers. 150 eggs a year for an imported pair, or 4 dozen eggs worth of chicks that would start to produce 150 eggs the second year?? If we hatched only 4 good pullets from the eggs, that is 4 pullets X 150 eggs in the second year. Also, if someone has the contacts, the eggs could come from different breeders and that would increase the diversity?? ....Just enjoying thinking about this. Does anyone know if we could get some help from Greenfire Farms or someone like them that already does a lot of importing?? ........stan

Shamoman, the prices quoted on your link sound very reasonable. Count me in.

I might have to carve a few special flutes to fund my habit ;-)

Although I understand where the thin Phoenix and Yokohama feathers are unwanted as well as the LONG tail, I don't believe it should be short by any description. Cubalaya are a long tailed breed, not feet worth of tail like Phoenix, but long tailed all the same. The tail, in the standard, should account for more than half the length of the bird. This doesn't mean the birds body should be short either, it is a very long bird with all parts together.
Zach

I would have to disagree with you on this all the asil blood has done is ruin the lobster tail, as well as the phoenix crosses of craig russel and randy stoneback, although it opened up a new color door without some new blood that has a real lobster tail and size as most of the german birds have we are going to get nowhere. Spoke with 2 other members today about this subject with great concern as well as my uncle Paul Bender and Most of us agree new Real Blood is absolutely necessary. I am willing to put in a fair amount of money as this breed runs deep in my blood since 1985.

i dont see how asil like this could ruin any cubalaya tail. i do see where it would improve some other qualities.
http://ultimatefowl.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=13434

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom