Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

I'd be very happy to use that cock bird you have there!. What is his breeding? I like the hackel color better than a lot I have seen. Isn't your Zook pair still pretty young?? Maybe next year when they are over a year old they will produce better for youu..... ..stan

Are there any private breeders that will ship day old chicks or am I limited to hatcheries?

I've ordered twice from Ideal and it's been ugly. First batch all eight Cubes were doa...Barred Rocks pulled thru. Second order I upped it to 10 Pullets and 4 males...lost 3 males and 5 females so far. Pasty butt has been bad and others just fell over, kicked and it was done. Have La Flèche and Fayoumis with them and they're thriving. Disappointing.

I don't know any breeders that ship day olds. About the best you'll do with individual breeders is started chicks; though most only get rid of adult or near adult birds. Cubalayas, as beautiful as they are as adult birds, are butt-ugly chicks.

Well if you want to beleive that I would also like to tell you craig also crossed dorking into cublaya as well and you can Ask Jim Zook on that as well. I am not saying that what craig did was bad, but it is so. As well as some yokohama crosses, when I see him again at bloomsburg I will clear this up, Next time you talk to Craig Russel Ask Him where my white shamos are for the Pair of Terry Scoby Black Cubalayas I traded for are, I have been waiting for them about 13 Years for that to happen.

When John Castignetti Was alive and told me his duckwing cubalays came from Craig and had big white earlobes, and was also told that there was phoenix in them to create the duckwing color. The same was so with my first goldens they had big white earlobes back in the early 90s. They had long tails and white earlobes what could cause this? Take a Look back at john castignettis photos of his blue reds and black reds and duckwings at how long the tail was dragging. Those photos were in poultry press many times in for sale ads. As well as Rick Herr.

They say, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". There has been a lot of talk about a club and I think it is a good idea. I have received so much help from the people on this thread. I know I am not qualified to educate people about Cubalaya breeding, but I can offer another kind of knowledge.

So here is the first step in starting a club. I have purchased domain name www.cubalayaclub.org and hosting service for a year. I created a started site to get things going. This site belongs to all those that love the cubalaya breed and I will donate the domain name and site to the cubalaya club once it is formed. I just started it today so there is not a lot of content on it yet. This is where I need everyones help. This site belongs to all of you. It is up to you to provide me the knowledgeable and accurate content to add to it. It is just a beginning. I have done my part, how far it goes is now up to you.

Jungle Explorer, thanks for the club site!!!! It looks great!!!
thumbsup.gif

I can help add some things, but not sure how????

Back
Top Bottom