Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

My spring hatch at 6 weeks. Got to agree that they are not the cutist chicks, but I am not going to call them 'butt ugly ' either! Thanks to Junglexplorer and Oldhound for their generosity in giving me the eggs. I do very much appreciate your sharing. This is their first time in the dirt! I think they are mostly BBRs with a couple of brown pullets, but these colors are still something I am not familiar with. I do have one odd colored pullet if anyone can help in identifing her color I would appreciate it....stan

I would like to see some pics of the bantam cubalayas that were spoken of espcially the spangleds and blacks, I have them in blue red, black red, Brown red, Black, Lemon blue, spangled, and dark black red, some are pretty good others need work but curious to see other folks progress.

My spring hatch at 6 weeks. Got to agree that they are not the cutist chicks, but I am not going to call them 'butt ugly ' either! Thanks to Junglexplorer and Oldhound for their generosity in giving me the eggs. I do very much appreciate your sharing. This is their first time in the dirt! I think they are mostly BBRs with a couple of brown pullets, but these colors are still something I am not familiar with. I do have one odd colored pullet if anyone can help in identifing her color I would appreciate it....stan

Thanks for the pics. Looks like you got some nice birds there. That top pics looks a little like the unique (wild type) one that I have, but mine has really pink legs and yours have slate colored legs. Is it from the eggs I sent you?

I use to but gave them up a year or so ago. Just too many chickens to take care of. Billy Sumner, Danny Padgett and Herman Hagwood have some good ones.

Thanks for the pics. Looks like you got some nice birds there. That top pics looks a little like the unique (wild type) one that I have, but mine has really pink legs and yours have slate colored legs. Is it from the eggs I sent you?
Thanks Vaughn. I know you can't tell anything but a little color this early, but I just wanted to show off your generosity. The pullet in the top pic with the slate legs is from your eggs, and has a sister that has the same color, just not as 'gold' in the neck feathers, and she has light tan legs. I'll see if I can get a pic of them together. I don't know which pen they came from, but I do know that they are from your eggs.........stan

shamoman i too have wondered what others bantams look like. could you also post some pics. will get some pics later of blacks right now it is very windy and snowing. also they are still young as i have started a breeding program for creating some this january so they arn't pure but some look pretty good.

this is the same bbred male in each pic just they are from different times of the year and different lightings

sorry forgot the females

would you by any chance have any blacks your looking to get rid of also do you know any one with bantam whites

Back
Top Bottom