Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

first batch of chicks are doing great. on lockdown for Thursday next batch hatch. collecting eggs for next hatch which will probably be my last with the incubator. will let a few hens hatch some more if needed.

I traded my best white hen away to Bobby Brown, who has one of Troyer's birds. I eagerly await the results!It was great to meet he and Tina and have someone else in Kentucky with cubalayas.

I am most of the way through building a double pen. Right now I will put Blackjack and maybe 4 black pullets and hens in there. Later I can divide the 10x10 in half, with one side getting BBRs.

I don't know what the other 1/16 is, but the closest I've gotten according to how his daddy looks is that it's something long tailed. I bought his daddy from a guy as a cubalaya but he's obviously not quite full blooded cubalaya but very close. This is his daddy and his mama as a pullet this spring. His mama is a straight cubalaya with yellow legs and beak. She throws some nice big cockerels. I'll be using her again this spring. I'm not using this cock again, he's looking for a new home. He'll be three years old this summer.

I know this post is over 3 years old; I just wondered if anyone could tell me what colors those two birds are?

Thanks ya'll. When I gave my quality birds away, I just kept some that I set free. He was only 6 or 7 months old at the time and did not look like much, but he has really turn out nice. And all on his own in the wild too! That is saying something.

There are only a few hens left, mostly wild type hens I kept because I like that look the best. They stick together, so maybe they will raise some chicks in the wild.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom