Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Hi All

I have posted a couple of times about the bantam cubalayas I got from Cackle Hatchery . Here are a few photos of the three birds I have left. they are 5 months old. I can't build much of a flock out of just these three. So I will probably get some more birds from Cackle this summer. Anyone care to comment or critique them.
cubalaya 3.jpg
cubalaya 2.jpg
cubalaya 1.jpg

You can use the cockerel with the lower tail, with your hen. I recommend not using the one with the higher tail at all, because it's much more difficult to get the tail below horizontal than it is to bring it up. Can you clearly tell which one has the lower tail?

P.S. I private messaged you.

Hi All

I have posted a couple of times about the bantam cubalayas I got from Cackle Hatchery . Here are a few photos of the three birds I have left. they are 5 months old. I can't build much of a flock out of just these three. So I will probably get some more birds from Cackle this summer. Anyone care to comment or critique the
You can use the cockerel with the lower tail, with your hen. I recommend not using the one with the higher tail at all, because it's much more difficult to get the tail below horizontal than it is to bring it up. Can you clearly tell which one has the lower tail?

P.S. I private messaged you.
Yes, the one in the forground of the middle photo. He is my favorite and the one I thought had the best characteristics.

the one with high tail is a cull. you could start with the pair you have. raise a bunch of chicks. keep the best 2 stags and best 3 pullets. breed best stag back to mother and breed best 3 pullets back to father.

Two years there. Coming three this year.
He is a very handsome fellow. I'm ecstatic to see so many beautiful cubalayas here. The blacks and whites definitely have a special place in my heart. He has that very eye catching beetle green sheen to his feathers. I'd love to see more pictures of your blacks.

Back
Top Bottom