Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Wheaten is more of a color, so it can be found in many different gamefowl kinds
Heh okay, so it's not that easy. Someone gave me 13 mixed gamefowl a couple of years ago. Some look very red junglefowly in appearance while others have this wheaten appearance. They're probably all an impossible mix to sort out

Heh okay, so it's not that easy. Someone gave me 13 mixed gamefowl a couple of years ago. Some look very red junglefowly in appearance while others have this wheaten appearance. They're probably all an impossible mix to sort out
Did you take a look at the link to my Facebook album? It has various types of purebred gamefowl photos and breed names on the photos.

If you don't facebook, here a photo album link you can use. https://photos.app.goo.gl/7kbUyK7n8BajWxLc6

I have a couple hens that hatched out some chicks, one of them being a backyard mutt. The mutt ended up not taking good care of hers and two of them died. I took the remaining chick and slipped it underneath one of the Cubalaya hens at night. The next morning it was obvious that she fully adopted it and it eats and drinks and responds to her just like her biological ones do.

So great to see all the great pictures. I am starting over at a new homestead in a much more homestead-friendly part and things are going great. I got a nice little flock up and coming from TSC chicks. At some point, I would like to maybe buy some hatching eggs from one of you guys just to have some Cubalayas in the mix. I sure mis the great Cubas I used to have I got from Zook.

My new flock of pullets raised from chicks I got in February and March. Barred Rocks, Welsumers, Marans, Dominiques, EEs,OEs, Wynadottes, and a few other random chicks I grabbed at TSC.

View attachment 3524141
i also raised some barred rocks, black australorps, dominiques, wyandottes, rhode island reds and buff orpingtons to have a steady supply of eggs

Not hatching cubalayas this year. I hatched some Brazilians from Saab and Pasquale lines and some blue crusher Brazilians. 2 asil hens sat on eggs from 2 different cocks and didn't hatch anything. May try the asils again before summer is over. Will hatch plenty of cubalayas next year if the Lord is willing
got 3 asil chicks and another hen laying a clutch, got 3 brazilian chicks, got 4 blue crushers chicks, and might get some ga pluckers hatched soon

Bantam hen with thirteen chicks. She was bred to a white cock.
IMG_1433.JPG

Back
Top Bottom