Cubalaya Thread For Sharing Pics and Discussing Our Birds

Pics
I wanted to add that I am am using a new golden duckwing cockerel over the old wheaten hen. I am sure the back striping is coming from him, as I have bred the same hen with other males and only had pure yellow chicks. The silver hen with the old wheaten cock, I have done that cross several years running now, and not gotten striped chicks. Always interesting what will pop up with these birds. I am excited for my first chicks to hatch!!!

I theoretically got 5 BBR cubalayas. Since I am new to these I am not quite sure where the color variations come in. Comments appreciated.

Three look like this
69348_img_5265.jpg

One is more reddish (it's not only under the heat lamp, it's permanent
smile.png
)
69348_img_5299.jpg

One is much darker
69348_img_5283.jpg

And then I got this mystery chick that has the same dots on the head and develops very similar to the cubalayas. But it is very light colored
69348_img_5301.jpg

And here they are all together (with a black ameraucana)
69348_img_5297.jpg

Dark chicks are cockerels, light ones are pullets. If you got the chicks from Sandhill, the whitish one is a pyle or a white. If you got them somewhere else, I have no clue.
tongue.png

Quote:
Red Shouldered Yokohama
wink.png

Ideal & Cackle have them, probably some of the others as well.

Thanks-that one had me stumped. I've never seen a yokohama chick of that age!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Red Shouldered Yokohama
wink.png

Ideal & Cackle have them, probably some of the others as well.

Thanks-that one had me stumped. I've never seen a yokohama chick of that age!!!
big_smile.png

I'll get a photo of mine. I picked up some hatchery pullets this year to play with.
smile.png

Quote:
Wow! I cockerel and 4 ;quite the ratio
big_smile.png
. The other one probably is a pyle then or a white. They are from Sandhill and it really lookes so similar, except the color.

Back
Top Bottom