Cuckoo marans

Hello Chicken folks, I have a Cuckoo Maran who is now 30 weeks old. She has not laid an egg. I have 5 other hen of varying breeds and they are all laying. 4 of the 5 have been laying since July and my Welsummer started about a month ago. Is this typical for a Cuckoo Maran?
Thanks,
DebBee

Hello Chicken folks, I have a Cuckoo Maran who is now 30 weeks old. She has not laid an egg. I have 5 other hen of varying breeds and they are all laying. 4 of the 5 have been laying since July and my Welsummer started about a month ago. Is this typical for a Cuckoo Maran?
Thanks,
DebBee

I responded to your other thread. One of my three Cuckoo Marans has just started laying today--she's +25-weeks old. I've had Black Copper Marans in the past that didn't start laying until 32-ish-weeks.

Thank you
smile.png

I am so glad to hear that cuckoo's are late layers I was beginning to worry, my 2 are 22 weeks+. They really aren't that cute of a chicken either and way to flighty but I want those chocolate eggs to go with my variety of other colors. I love fresh eggs

You're right about the cuteness part, my Maran resembled a bit of a long-legged hawk. Also, her comb was really small even after 20 wks. Is this normal?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom