Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

ValerieJ

Enabler
Premium member
Jul 24, 2016
Washington State
Pecans are a good substitute for walnuts
I know. I just like them better. The recipe is an old one and actually just calls for 2 cups nuts. Grandma made these during the depression when they were very poor, so the ingredients are very basic. I can't know for sure if she came up with the recipe, but it was published in a recipe book from that era under her name. So I give her the credit for them. :D

ronott1

A chicken will always remember the egg
Project manager
Premium member
8 Years
9 Years
Mar 31, 2011
Woodland, CA
My Coop
My Coop
I know. I just like them better. The recipe is an old one and actually just calls for 2 cups nuts. Grandma made these during the depression when they were very poor, so the ingredients are very basic. I can't know for sure if she came up with the recipe, but it was published in a recipe book from that era under her name. So I give her the credit for them. :D
A lot of the old family recipes are so good! I have one from the 1940s for Prune Cake that I still make regularly.

N F C

Coffee up!
Staff member
Premium member
6 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
There's really no way for us to know. CluckNDoodle doesn't necessarily sound like a girl, but I am. I got clever and put my real name in the signature recently though, lol. You can probably find multiple ways to use your avatar to your advantage as well. :)
For some reason that old Saturday Night Live skit about "Pat" just flashed through my head. :gig

Latest posts

Top Bottom