Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

I may keep a couple and put them under my broody hen! They were all for a friend but I'm going to raise them for a couple of weeks because we're 100% quarantining ourselves as a precaution. We had a bit of a scare over here with my husband. I think we're in the clear and it was something else but I don't want to add to the problem. There are enough irresponsible sick people going out and not caring about infecting others because they're already sick...

It sure doesn't hurt to be careful! You & your husband stay safe and take care of yourselves.

I may keep a couple and put them under my broody hen! They were all for a friend but I'm going to raise them for a couple of weeks because we're 100% quarantining ourselves as a precaution. We had a bit of a scare over here with my husband. I think we're in the clear and it was something else but I don't want to add to the problem. There are enough irresponsible sick people going out and not caring about infecting others because they're already sick...
Those little chicks are adorable. Of course you can't give them all away! :love

I hope your DH is okay!!! 🙏 Take care of yourselves! And 100% quarantine is a really great idea.

Those little chicks are adorable. Of course you can't give them all away! :love

I hope your DH is okay!!! 🙏 Take care of yourselves! And 100% quarantine is a really great idea.

I think so too! I absolutely must keep at least one Splash Marans. I just love splash coloring!

Thank you! He's doing well now. He got sick, running a fever and everything, we still aren't entirely sure what happened possibly a really bad stomach bug but I don't actually know how he even got that. He's been out of the house twice in 3 weeks and didn't even get out of the car the second time and wore a face mask. :confused: I've even considered that the bagged salad we ate was maybe bad because I had a stomach ache after eating it but his reaction was far more severe if that's the case. Lastly, he may have a hernia, because it happened right after he helped me fill the garden bed with soil...It was bad enough that he collapsed. I would have called the paramedics but he came to enough to tell me not to and everything around here is recommending to stay away from the hospitals at all costs. So I just sat awake with him all that night and we spoke to his doctor the following morning. His doctor placed an order for the test if we decide to get one because my husband is considered high risk but he's doing so much better that I would rather not expose him if we don't have to.

The days kind of blurred together. I wasn't talking about what was going on because I was too stressed about it. He's doing so much better now though! No fever, no more discomfort. I'm just watching him closely and treating the house as if we're contaminated.

I think so too! I absolutely must keep at least one Splash Marans. I just love splash coloring!

Thank you! He's doing well now. He got sick, running a fever and everything, we still aren't entirely sure what happened possibly a really bad stomach bug but I don't actually know how he even got that. He's been out of the house twice in 3 weeks and didn't even get out of the car the second time and wore a face mask. :confused: I've even considered that the bagged salad we ate was maybe bad because I had a stomach ache after eating it but his reaction was far more severe if that's the case. Lastly, he may have a hernia, because it happened right after he helped me fill the garden bed with soil...It was bad enough that he collapsed. I would have called the paramedics but he came to enough to tell me not to and everything around here is recommending to stay away from the hospitals at all costs. So I just sat awake with him all that night and we spoke to his doctor the following morning. His doctor placed an order for the test if we decide to get one because my husband is considered high risk but he's doing so much better that I would rather not expose him if we don't have to.

The days kind of blurred together. I wasn't talking about what was going on because I was too stressed about it. He's doing so much better now though! No fever, no more discomfort. I'm just watching him closely and treating the house as if we're contaminated.
Hopefully it was just a bug of some sort.
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

Wow. That was scary! Especially at a time like this!!! I'm relieved to hear he is feeling better. There has been so much contamination of lettuce the last couple years, could easily have been that.

I don't blame you for not wanting to go near a hospital right now.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Andrea. Scary times. I am glad he is doing better though!!

I would love to see updated pictures of the chicks as they grow! They are so cute :love

Back
Top Bottom