Cup o' Joe and Tea Too

House chickens are real. :gig
Not to say I have a house chicken, or that I ever would have a house chicken, but try searching the words "house chicken" on this site and you'll find several discussions of it. :gig

@Shadrach doesn't have a house chicken, but he does have a nest in his house that is used by his hens from time to time. I've read another person set up a nest in her cupboard for one hen who wanted to lay her eggs inside. And I'm pretty sure @featherhead007 had a rooster that slept in his bedroom. So, seriously...you may be cultivating one. :D I've always admired people who have special relationships with these gentle birds, but my house is way too small to accommodate a dog, 2 cats and a chicken. :lol: Nope.

Not to say I have a house chicken, or that I ever would have a house chicken, but try searching the words "house chicken" on this site and you'll find several discussions of it. :gig

@Shadrach doesn't have a house chicken, but he does have a nest in his house that is used by his hens from time to time. I've read another person set up a nest in her cupboard for one hen who wanted to lay her eggs inside. And I'm pretty sure @featherhead007 had a rooster that slept in his bedroom. So, seriously...you may be cultivating one. :D I've always admired people who have special relationships with these gentle birds, but my house is way too small to accommodate a dog, 2 cats and a chicken. :lol: Nope.
My pup Gator loves whatever mommy loves.. Today he trotted right past little goofy bird in the yard and went to lay in the sun.. she then came to me as if to say "What was that?". He will sniff her then go lay down near the crate. So the only one I have to worry about is 'Lilbit' the neighbor's rat terrier mix, but since he stays here a good 75% of the time, I have him trained as well. He doesn't even look at the brooder or crate when we go in to feed the babies.

@Shadrach doesn't have a house chicken, but he does have a nest in his house that is used by his hens from time to time.
It gets used most days. It's Tribe 1's preferred egg laying and sitting site.
My front door is open from dawn to dusk and they come and go as they please.:confused:

It gets used most days. It's Tribe 1's preferred egg laying and sitting site.
My front door is open from dawn to dusk and they come and go as they please.:confused:
Um, so how do you keep them from pooping on the floors?
Oh, I remember... most of the floors I saw while in Spain were terrazzo, much easier to clean..
I would have to keep the doors to the bedrooms closed as they are carpeted. And clean/mop often as Gator would track it everywhere. Hmmm

Last edited:
Um, so how do you keep them from pooping on the floors?
Oh, I remember... most of the floors I saw while in Spain were terrazzo, much easier to clean..
I would have to keep the doors to the bedrooms closed as they are carpeted. And clean/mop often as Gator would track it everywhere. Hmmm
:lau I clean up a lot. I've got concrete floors with an open drain. I get through a lot of toilet paper and bleach.:p

:lau I clean up a lot. I've got concrete floors with an open drain. I get through a lot of toilet paper and bleach.:p
that's the perfect arrangement. I need to do that here just to mitigate the muddy feet of the dog and cats. :gig Now they really are spoiled. They have a cat/dog door and come and go as they please. No way to keep floors clean during the rainy season. Fortunately the rainy season only lasts 10 months. :lau

that's the perfect arrangement. I need to do that here just to mitigate the muddy feet of the dog and cats. :gig Now they really are spoiled. They have a cat/dog door and come and go as they please. No way to keep floors clean during the rainy season. Fortunately the rainy season only lasts 10 months. :lau
Then add a chicken door to your house, (Aren't you being a little prejudice allowing the fur but not the feathers?) :confused:

Back
Top Bottom