1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Curled toes.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Poultrybonkers, May 21, 2016.

1. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Is taping them really work or am I wasting my time trying. As i have a serama chick with curled toes. I taped them but if it wont work Id rather not waste the time trying.

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

I suppose you could try taping; I've never done it myself, so I don't exactly have any input on that. [​IMG] But I can tell you that I also own a chook with curled toes, and as long as you aren't planning on showing the bird and it isn't inhibited from normal life, everything should be fine. [​IMG] My Hamburg girl is perfectly happy! She can roost, scratch, ect. with no difficulty whatsoever.
    [​IMG]
    ~Alex

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  3. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    Mine is a week old chick.

4. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Avalon has had the curled toes since she hatched, so pretty sure it's a similar situation. [​IMG] Is your baby getting around alright, and are you planning to show her?

~Alex

5. Poultrybonkers

Mar 22, 2011
    I culled it so.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by