Curly toe paralysis older hen

Cuween

In the Brooder
Jan 16, 2022
I have year old hen perfectly heathy but can’t walk—curly toe paralysis. Since Nov2021. She desperately tries to walk in her wheelchair. Can move herself a bit, but toes collapsing. Legs partly coordinated . (Branscums….. 3D printer feet don’t work.—too cumbersome). I’ve treated her with riboflavin and Vit C and general vitamins for couple weeks. After riboflavin She improved in her resolve to TRY to walk. She’s eating and drinking well. Tried therapy recommended—massaging legs, resistance for feet.

No success. Wonder if there’s an affordable artificial complete leg and foot
for her to relearn to walk , use her wings more, balance, until she can walk on her own again (or with use of prosthetic leg/foot.)

Marek's many times one wing will drop and parilized the legs I did have a strain of fowl handed down for generations.I tried to breed and cull away from it.Then a vaccine came and tried that . However in the end I gave up and culled the strain because of it.Hated to see then go but the battle as I seen couldn't be won .Drooped wings .Legs would tremble and shake. Soon afther parilized..i was told it destroyed the Vegas nerve.I have dementia now but I remember that.

Back
Top Bottom