Current Internet Theory

Pics
So, I read this and it actually proves my point that chicken produce a lot of antibiotics and they do use chicken eggs to cure numerous ailments including neutralizing venom. They do not state that they inject the chicken or do anything with the egg.. so I am still not satisfied with your hypothesis that they do and I am just not seeing the proof in the article that they did do that..
You're talking about the basic article on Egg Yolk Antibodies, right?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7106195/
(Link given again here, to be sure you and I are both talking about the same thing)

They DO inject the chicken with something:
"The antibody titers are influenced by several factors, such as the antigen type and dose, the used adjuvant, the route of application, the inoculation frequency, age and stage of development in birds [39,40]. Several protocols for obtaining IgY, observing these different variables, have been applied [1,39]. Basically, multiple immunization protocols were tested for different antigens and animals, in order to obtain the highest antibody titer for each case [1]."

Picking through that techno-babble, it reduces to: they always "inoculate" the chicken who lays the eggs, but they inoculate her in various ways, at various ages, for various different diseases, and all those differences make somewhat different results. The last sentence of the quoted part is easier to understand than the other parts of that quote.

Sorry, most don't want the truth but just to push hysteria on government control no matter how they can put it out there. And I'm saying that as not a fan of big government control.
I also noticed that. They hate the idea of control so they decide to be controlled by some yahoos on social media, the yahoos only 'qualification' is that they aren't to government (I guess?) and they have a social media platform.
I'm wondering why all those 'fact checking' things that were so prevalent 2 years ago have disappeared to...

I found the page that you took a picture of:
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33191178/

And then I followed a link that said "free full text" to here:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7608017/

Looking through the full text, several paragraphs down, I find:
"Here, we purified anti-spike-S1 IgYs from hens that were immunized with the S1 domain of the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and interrogated their ability to neutralize SARS-CoV-2 pseudovirus using Hela cells with overexpressed human ACE2. In addition, we used competition ELISA assays to validate the IgY’s competitive binding to various SARS-CoV-2 Spike protein mutants, as well as the SARS-CoV Spike protein."

A key phrase would be "hens that were immunized with..."
This would not apply to eggs from any other hens.

The section titled "preparation" has a few more details, including:
"Each hen was injected (intramuscular) with 150 μg of the recombinant spike protein under the wings, once a week for 4 weeks,"
Again, not something that is happening to most chickens.

I was able to get access without paying :)

Edit to add:
Here is another page that appears to have the exact same study writeup, also free at present. (Same title, same authors, same text about how they did it.)
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1567576920336390
So, I read this and basically from what I am getting is the inoculated the chickens the used the ELISA process to evaluate the chicken yolk. The yolk neutralized the spiked protein. Idk.. still not convinced these articles prove that the antibodies from the yolk doesn’t help neutralize covid. Everything I am reading it’s that it does and how are you going to find that out but inject a chicken with the virus.

So, I read this and basically from what I am getting is the inoculated the chickens the used the ELISA process to evaluate the chicken yolk. The yolk neutralized the spiked protein. Idk.. still not convinced these articles prove that the antibodies from the yolk doesn’t help neutralize covid. Everything I am reading it’s that it does and how are you going to find that out but inject a chicken with the virus.
You are absolutely right - the antibodies from the yolk does help neutralize the Covid virus.
But the reason the antibodies are there in the yolk is because the hen was injected with the Covid spike protein. It is that injection of the Covid spike that prompted the hen to make the antibodies which were then harvested from the egg.
So, to get Covid-fighting eggs, you need to inject your hens with the Covid spike protein.

You are absolutely right - the antibodies from the yolk does help neutralize the Covid virus.
But the reason the antibodies are there in the yolk is because the hen was injected with the Covid spike protein. It is that injection of the Covid spike that prompted the hen to make the antibodies which were then harvested from the egg.
So, to get Covid-fighting eggs, you need to inject your hens with the Covid spike protein.
Pretty sure that if we had a way to "eat" our way out of the pandemic, we'd be out of this whole mess right now. I don't think you are suggesting that if we eat these "covid-fighting eggs", we'll be protected from COVID, but it should be clarified to some of people who might be reading this. There's a reason the covid vaccine is not just injected into your open mouth.

However, if I can avoid ever catching covid by simply vaccinating my flock and eating their eggs every day, then WHERE DO I SIGN UP

Pretty sure that if we had a way to "eat" our way out of the pandemic, we'd be out of this whole mess right now. I don't think you are suggesting that if we eat these "covid-fighting eggs", we'll be protected from COVID, but it should be clarified to some of people who might be reading this. There's a reason the covid vaccine is not just injected into your open mouth.

However, if I can avoid ever catching covid by simply vaccinating my flock and eating their eggs every day, then WHERE DO I SIGN UP
Yes I was not suggesting we could create Covid-fighting omelets - though how wonderful if we could!
Antibody treatment for Covid has been available for some time and this whole paper is simply about how to create those antibodies.
To treat a person with Covid the antibodies are infused into the bloodstream through an intravenous canula.

Ok, so the antibodies in chicken eggs neutralized the covid 19 when the chicken was injected with covid. So, what makes you think the antibodies that are in a chicken eggs wouldn’t thwart covid if exposed in a human if they do in the chicken... wouldn’t those antibodies work the same way in a human as they do in a chicken as a preventive.

Ok, so the antibodies in chicken eggs neutralized the covid 19 when the chicken was injected with covid. So, what makes you think the antibodies that are in a chicken eggs wouldn’t thwart covid if exposed in a human if they do in the chicken... wouldn’t those antibodies work the same way in a human as they do in a chicken as a preventive.
I think they probably would. That is why they were doing the research in the first place to figure out better ways to develop antibodies to Covid so they could treat people.

The process would be:
- Inject hen with Covid spike protein
- Give hen time to create antibodies and lay an egg
- Harvest antibodies from egg, purify and make sterile so it is safe to inject in people
- Infuse antibodies into human blood stream to help them overcome Covid infection

Today the monoclonal antibodies used to treat people with Covid are derived from people who have recovered from Covid or from what are called 'humanized mice'.
As a result of the study you posted it is possible that down the road the source of the antibodies will be chickens and their eggs.

Last edited:
Idk.. still not convinced these articles prove that the antibodies from the yolk doesn’t help neutralize covid. Everything I am reading it’s that it does and how are you going to find that out but inject a chicken with the virus.
I think maybe you are just missing the connection?
You cannot have antibodies without exposure, antibodies are the body's response to coming into contact with a pathogen.
In this case they are exposing the hen's body to covid and collecting the antibodies she produces via her eggs. We harvest her antibodies and then use them for ourselves.

I think they probably would. That is why they were doing the research in the first place to figure out better ways to develop antibodies to Covid so they could treat people.

The process would be:
- Inject hen with Covid spike protein
- Give hen time to create antibodies and lay an egg
- Harvest antibodies from egg and clean up to make safe and sterile
- Infuse antibodies into human blood stream to help them overcome Covid infection

Today the monoclonal antibodies used to treat people with Covid are derived from people who have recovered from Covid or from what are called 'humanized mice'.
As a result of the study you posted it is possible that down the road the source of the antibodies will be chickens and their eggs.
Right, so if taking an uninfected egg with antibodies that the chicken already has in the egg to protect the egg, would that not help boost the immune system? Therefore possibly preventing covid or other colds/ flus? If the egg is protected from various bacteria/viruses because of its antibodies, logically speaking it would help the person eating those antibodies.

Back
Top Bottom