Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

"The Northman"

A tale of Viking life and warriors of olde. An exacting tale of revenge with a twist. Lots of spears and swords and fighting. Lots of Iceland scenery. A surprising end and a few surprises in the middle. Several named stars that are unrecognizable in the film except in the credits. (That "What? They were in this film?" reaction.)

I found this to be a long and plodding movie which could've been trimmed a bit but for the fact that the drudgery of life was the name of the game back then. Directed by Robert Eggers. Starring Alexander Skarsgard, Nicole Kidman, Ethan Hawke, Anya Taylor-Joy, Willem Dafoe, Claes Bang. 2 hours, 17 minutes. Rated R, mainly for violence.

"The Contractor"

Chris Pine teams up with his "Hell or High Water" co-star Ben Foster in an rigorous action movie of former U.S. Rangers contracted out to do secretive ops missions. Things go awry rather quickly and extraction becomes an ordeal. Kieffer Sutherland costars. 1 hour, 43 minutes. R for violence action.

Today we saw "Top Gun: Maverick". Princess gives it 4 stars, and I will go 3.5. I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, but it's a good movie.
Thanks for the review!

Kevin Costner is not a favorite of mine but I like his acting in Yellowstone.

I may well be projecting what I intuit of his own personality onto the characters he plays.
You can tell how good an actor or actress by the diversity of their characters. He's just not a very good actor. He plays over inflated versions of himself. I still remember him jumping up and down on Oprah's couch trying to dispel the rumors of him being gay by declaring his love for Katie Holmes. It was like watching a monkey throw a fit because you gave a different monkey a grape and not him

You can tell how good an actor or actress by the diversity of their characters. He's just not a very good actor. He plays over inflated versions of himself. I still remember him jumping up and down on Oprah's couch trying to dispel the rumors of him being gay by declaring his love for Katie Holmes. It was like watching a monkey throw a fit because you gave a different monkey a grape and not him
The only Movie I've ever liked him in was Top Gun. And that was because it's freaking Top Gun, not because he was in it.

Back
Top Bottom