Current Movies - Thumbs UP or Thumbs DOWN

Minions: The Rise of Gru

Yeah, it's a minion movie. Catch it in a matinee and it's worth the ticket price. Or just wait for it on streaming. It's not a terrible way to kill 90 minutes, but I wouldn't call it a "must see" unless you have kids obsessed with minions.
3 stars.

Minions: The Rise of Gru

Yeah, it's a minion movie. Catch it in a matinee and it's worth the ticket price. Or just wait for it on streaming. It's not a terrible way to kill 90 minutes, but I wouldn't call it a "must see" unless you have kids obsessed with minions.
3 stars.
Nice!

Saw "Elvis" today. Princess slept through much of the film - that ought to tell you something. Long, disjointed - If you are really bored, it is not terrible - just not really good. I go 2.5 stars. and the Princess goes 2.
Thanks! That sounds similar to the reviews I have seen online.

Saw "Elvis" today. Princess slept through much of the film - that ought to tell you something. Long, disjointed - If you are really bored, it is not terrible - just not really good. I go 2.5 stars. and the Princess goes 2.
I mean that's what I would have expected. All Elvis did that made him different was using his hips while dancing. So not only stealing black people's music but also stealing their dancing. Did it even go into that that he was a song thief?

I mean that's what I would have expected. All Elvis did that made him different was using his hips while dancing. So not only stealing black people's music but also stealing their dancing. Did it even go into that that he was a song thief?
Oh! I didn't realise it was a doco. For some reason I thought it was a biopic.

It was not a documentary, but a lot of historical background added to the movie. The influence of black culture on Elvis and song origin was touched upon. In reality Elvis was a true talent and really a good person. Colonel Parker and Vernon Presley on the other hand were not.

Back
Top Bottom