Customer upset that their chicks died

Maybe I missed this. Has the vet's report been provided to you as well as the dead chicks. Saying they were taken to the vet and purchasing tylan at tsc is a lot different than having a vet prescribe it to them. Saying they were dead and actually being dead are 2 different things also.

Did you take money for this service? Did you provide a receipt. If not than there was no business transaction. Simply if this person starts spreading rumors about you and your business I would suggest a simple cease and desist letter from you or if possible an attorney friend.

This person is doing you a favor by not wanting to come back to you. If they were knowledgeable about chickens then they know sometimes poultry just seems to work at dying despite the best efforts.

Bottom line can your business be adversely affected by this person. I doubt it. If $150 is what is required to maintain a friendship that is a pretty cheap relationship. If you pay the $150 everything is okay and she'll trust you with her eggs again. Sounds like blackmail.

Write it off to experience. Perhaps in the future have a written statement of agreement that says something like my responsibility is to hatch your viable eggs and provide living chicks. Non viable eggs will be returned with the eggs.

If her birds died from respiratory i would get your birds tested for mg if they are clean then its her end that got them sick if it is yours then it would be on you

Sounds a little suspicious to me. Especially when four of the chicks she hatched died, too. I'd ask for a necropsy report before giving her any money. There needs to be some proof that the problem came from your end of this deal. I think I missed it - did you mention how long after she got them from you that they died?

Don't give her a penny . you did a favor for her and she's pissed at you? I wonder if she gave nutri-drench to these chicks when they got to her place? maybe they picked up a sickness in transit ?maybe they got stressed from travel and picked up sickness ? Don't give her a penny!
Karen

Back
Top Bottom