Cute Duck Names?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by valfox, Aug 10, 2014.

1. valfox

valfox New Egg

Aug 8, 2014
    I'm about to get two ducklings, both male. One is a cayuga and one is a pekin. Does anyone have any suggestions for names?[​IMG]

2. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    I'm generally a fan of naming them after their traits. My duckling had a really hard time getting to her feet and she's still a big ol' klutz, so we named her Wobbles. But I'm a fan of general cutesy names like Sugar Pea, Wiggles, Gunther, and Matilda. :3

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  3. SouthernPride

SouthernPride Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Olive Branch, MS
    Salt and pepper
    Ebony and ivory
    Sooty and snowy
    But I agree with Amykins, maybe wait until you get an idea about their personality. My first duck names were pretty lame, blackie, blue, whitey. You get the idea. Now I have smooshy, squirmy, Odin (1 eye), Baby Huey, Piglet, momma B and her baby B's, daphne, dopey (he's a very smart and beautiful black Swedish mix but has a very crooked face making him look like a dope.). Some don't have names because nothing has come to me yet.

4. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    SMOOSHY! That is so cute! What's the story behind that one?

5. SouthernPride

SouthernPride Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2011
    Olive Branch, MS
    I wish I could claim that name but my daughter was skyping with a friend online when I brought this little duckling in her room. I asked them what we should call it and friend blurted out "SMOOSHY". Of course I loved it. That's her in my avatar. She was an Awesome duck but sadly a predator got her a couple of months ago.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. AllisonB

AllisonB Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2014
    Northeast U.S.A
    I agree with naming after traits. We had a drake that used to "snap" (gently) and we called him "Snap Bean" - which eventually became "Sneapy" - what fun for you! My daughter loves the name Piper for a duck.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by