catobsessed

Songster
6 Years
Sep 8, 2016
A7E91FD4-64CB-4000-B525-5602D42C37BE.jpeg

Since my girls are molting, I decided to save some of the prettiest feathers in an ornament! Has anyone done anything similar before?

The process itself it’s pretty self explanatory-I just picked up some feathers on the ground, carefully put them in a glass ornament, disinfected the outside of the ornament with a Clorox wipe, and then added a cute little ribbon! Wanna try it too? Take a pic and add it to the replies! I’d love to see what you come up with!

I think it's pretty!

Only thing I thought was weird was you mentioned disinfecting the outside of the ornament. Why did you do that? 🤔
Haha! Well since chickens are carriers of salmonella, I just wanted to play it safe and prevent cross contamination. I’m really OCD with germs! 🤣 you’re right, probably unnecessary, but my brain is like nah you better clean it!

Really? That's ridiculous 🤣
Eh some of these people don’t like any animals so I didn’t take it personally 🤣 I love my girls! I thought this was a good way to have a little memento of them for when they aren’t with us anymore. But hopefully I got a lot of good years to come with them! I can’t cull mine, I can’t eat something I named! That’s like a rule!

Haha! Well since chickens are carriers of salmonella, I just wanted to play it safe and prevent cross contamination. I’m really OCD with germs! 🤣 you’re right, probably unnecessary, but my brain is like nah you better clean it!
They can be, yes, but not all are carriers of it. I think it is better to be safe than sorry. I got the stomach flu earlier this year. Been much cleaner since then. No more chicken cuddles, unless absolutely necessary.

I think your idea is a great one! Super cute and you have a piece of them on your Christmas tree!

Back
Top Bottom