Cute picture of a Dog and Silkie, And more!

Quote:
I had the same question! I've never seen a more beautiful hen! And I've always thought silkies were really ugly.
hide.gif
Your's in different but I can't figure out how.

Wonderful photos. It is nice to see the chickens, dogs and kids playing together. I have two pit bulls, two chihuahuas, and five chickens. My chickens and dogs love nothing more than to hang out together in the yard. They love to pile together in the shady corner under the oak tree:)

Zonoma the difference is you can see her eyes - she has a beautiful face. Most siklies look like haystacks - no one would even know they have eyes then they have that 'tumor" on the forehead that they call a comb. Blah. I always think you should take them to the vet and have that removed. LOL. Not only that but, this little beauty can see, so she be affectionate and fun with playwith. Instead of standing around like a wall flower because they don't know(can't see) what is happening around them.

I had show Cockers and the breeders/judges, etc. wanted tons of coat on them - you couldn't see their legs. When they'd retire I would put them in puppy clips and I swear they acted many years younger - when freed of the burden of so much feathering.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the nice comments!!
big_smile.png

I do not cut her do, that is just the way it is on her. She came from Tractor Supply as assorted Bantams. My mom has the 3 others and the other female has more of tuffed head. I don't think she is a purebred Silkie. She has light feathered feet instead of heavy and her face is more exposed. Shes our buddy cuz everyone else picks on her, especially our Roo, Puck. So she follows us around cuz we protect her. I might get her her own pen someday so she can be less stressed.
And I agree, the silkies with the giant tuffed doos look silly. Her sister is less active than her... hmmm maybe my mom should give her a haircut...

Back
Top Bottom