CUTE Showgirl Babies!!!!

spowell

Songster
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
Rocky Point, NC
I bought eggs from SilkieSue here on BYC, and hatched out the cutest Showgirl babies. They are 11 days old today.

88776_chicks_and_133.jpg
88776_chicks_and_130.jpg

88776_chicks_and_125.jpg

What cuties!
big_smile.png

When you call them showgirls, is that a nickname for silkies, or are you actually going to show them somewhere? (New to chickens, here, so if there is lingo, I don't quite have it down xD)

OMG too stinkin' cute. I was expecting just one picture but instead got an overload of cuteness. The first one looks like a young Abe Lincoln - I mean that in a nice adorable way.

Quote:
They are called Showgirls, they are a Silkie with the NN (naked neck) gene. These are my first SG and there is no going back now. Hopefully SilkieSue will get on the stick and get me some more colors!!!
tongue2.gif

Quote:
Ohhhh...He does look like Abe Lincoln
lau.gif
I also thought they all looked like they had mullet hair cuts from the 80's, short on top and long at the neck.

Quote:
I have found that chickens are a gateway drug to more chickens.
tongue.png
Once you get started on any of them you must have moooooore!

Quote:
I have found that chickens are a gateway drug to more chickens.
tongue.png
Once you get started on any of them you must have moooooore!

Oh, you don't have to tell me about it....I must carry that addict gene
lau.gif
I started out last spring with a couple Minorcas and Silkies. Including those, right now I also have 5 white Silkies 6-7 months old, 2 Partridge Silkies 6-7 months old, 16 five week old Silkies, 9 Showgirl/silkie babies, 9 Minorca babies, 25 Silkie eggs going into lockdown tonight, 2 Splash Old English Game, 5 Speckled frizzled bantam and 3 Indian Fantail Pigeons. Oh... I forgoe 3 Astrolop hens.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom