cutest chicken names!

Pics
We went with the silly women from our favorite Jane Austen novels. Because chickens cluck, peep, move in packs... generally like silly teenage girls!

The tiny black australorp peeps constantly and tries to bully, tho she's the smallest: Emma Woodhouse
New Hampshire is plump and rosy: Harriet Smith
GLW is bossy, and also the first to escape the brooder: Lydia Bennet
Pretty yellow of unknown breed is always the last to show up when the rest of the girls move from water to food to perch to back again: Kitty Bennet

We obviously call them by first names. Now just praying they're all actually girls! It's dorky but I'm in love
love.gif

i had a whole list of names i was quite fond of all ready before my girls got here ... now they are all 3.5 weeks old and ...I CANT TELL EM APART! hahaha only 1 or 2 maybe and honestly im not even sure its the SAME 1 or 2 all the time! ugh. they get called Poppy and Sweetie - whos who just depends on who jumps on me first outta the 2. the rest of the girls get called just that " the girls" as in ... " hi girls.." here pretty girls..." etc haha maybe someday theyll all have names...

tuesday i get ducks! ill be able to tell them apart - yay hahahah

My 7 year old doesn't realize they are girls so we have Jake the Production Red, Token the Barred Rock, and Zachary the Black Astralorp....then we have Mama/Gimley for our Amauracana, and bunbun X2 for our silver sebright.

We got our chicks 2 days ago and we decided to name ours after "Adventure Time" on Cartoon Network. Lady Rainicorn, Marceline, Beemo, "LSP" Lumpy Space Princess and Fionna. We got 5 different breeds to distinguish them apart too.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom