cutest chicken names!

Pics
i had a whole list of names i was quite fond of all ready before my girls got here ... now they are all 3.5 weeks old and ...I CANT TELL EM APART! hahaha  only 1 or 2 maybe and honestly im not even sure its the SAME 1 or 2 all the time!  ugh.  they get called Poppy and Sweetie  - whos who just depends on who jumps on me first outta the 2. the rest of the girls get called just that " the girls" as in ... " hi girls.." here pretty girls..." etc haha  maybe someday theyll all have names...

tuesday i get ducks! ill be able to tell them apart - yay hahahah

Finally got pics of the two I can tell apart and how they hop up on me! Lol TOGETHER!

Sweetie is on the left and poppy on the right. This is always how it is ... And how they always have to sit when I do my brooder chores or feed snacks lol

Got a second set of chicks after discovering 4 of my 6 Barred Rocks turned out to be cockerels.

I named these six after female characters from one of my favorite book series (and HBO show!) Game of Thrones. I wanted to use "Daenerys" but my brother stole the name for his cat :(.

I have:
Arya
Nymeria
Catlyn
Sansa
Brienne
Osha

The following are names we used for our chickens, and why:

Skeeter - when he was young, he and his siblings learned certain sounds to come to me, or move away from me. Moving away sounded like "sskksst!" Usually I made the sound when they were on something I wanted to flip over to search for bugs. Skeeter was very friendly and was almost ALWAYS the one in the way, so one day I just called him Skeeter, based on the sound I always made for him to move.

Brownie - She was the only un-named one for a while, and she's brown. So she picked up the name "Brownie" as a result.

Bobo - He acted like a clown. He loved to flap his wings at everyone, and drag his wing, although never really attacked. So we called him Bobo the clown.

Cookie and Cream - This was the name of two hens. The ameraucana looked like Cookies and Cream ice cream. She was named Cookie, and a solid white plymouth rock was named Cream as a result.

Harry - Our first bantam rooster, and the first chicken we owned with feathers on his legs. The nieces and nephews kept referring to him as the "hairy-legged chicken" so we called him "Harry".

Henny - Another one we couldn't think of a name for, so I called her by henny one day to come eat some treats, and it stuck.

Karmel - She turned out to be a caramel-BROWN-laced hen, and reminded one of my nieces of caramel ice cream topping.

Buddy - Okay, buddy is actually a hen, NOT a rooster. None of us can sex chicks, and Buddy was hatched here at our home in an incubator. She is a phoenix rock crossed with ameraucana, and we had trouble guessing if she was a hen and rooster because of the comb differences. She was very outgoing though, and stood up a lot. She is also the ONLY chicken that will come RUNNING at full speed when called, sit on your shoulder, eat directly from your hand, peck at your hair gently, and coo at you. So I called her my little buddy before realizing she was actually a hen. Yet when we found out, she already knew the name "Buddy" and we kept it at that.

We let our 6 year old DS name the chicks. We started out with 3 and DS, Fiancee and I were all going to name one. We ended up with 2 more and DS picked such funny names that we just let him run with it. We ended up with:

3 Brown Chicks (Red Stars, maybe a RIR?)
Steven
Battery
Pickles

2 BR
Nancy (named after my mother...not an animal person, but she thinks it's hilarious!)
Leah (named after the girl he has a crush on at school)

I told him that I hated to break it to him, but if any of the chicks are boys I think that Battery might be it. He SWEARS that even if Steven lays eggs "he" will still be named Steven.
big_smile.png

My bantams are Tipsy,she fell over A LOT as a chick, Bit Bit Georgia Gypsy Opal Quinn and Black Jack. Then Iv have 2 bigger girls Greta and Millie and then 1 HUGE girl named Chabaka :)

My Rhode island reds: Feather & Peep

Buff Orpingtons: Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen ( cuz their blonde )

Gold Laced Wyandotes: Dot ( fat one ) Dash ( tiny fast one)

Finally got pics of the two I can tell apart and how they hop up on me! Lol TOGETHER!

Sweetie is on the left and poppy on the right. This is always how it is ... And how they always have to sit when I do my brooder chores or feed snacks lol

Our two barred rocks do the same thing! The RIR will not hop up for anything, though!

We have Betty and Batgirl the Barred Rocks and Austra, Beyonce and Pippin the Rhode Island Red chicks.

My mystery breeds (though posters here are leading me towards a White Plymoth Rock & Rhode Island Red/New Hampshire Red) are Lucy and Molly...the newest members of our family and the first of the feathered kind!

Back
Top Bottom