cutest chicken names!

Pics
I love hearing what other people name their chicks! My daughters friend had chicks on her farm and she said she named one of them "hamburger". Made me laugh! I've finally settled on names for my ladies. I think they've even recognizing them like dogs do. Is that possible?
Anyways, theres Dolly(she seems to be establishing herself at the top of the pecking order. Not the least bit shy! Usually the first one to come running over to me and is very greedy when I hand feed), Daisy (who is such a sweetie pie, loves to cuddle) & Domino (who I haven't quite figured out yet. She's the only one doesn't enjoy being held).

We don't have our chicks yet but they will be named:
Paisley- Silver laced wyandotte
Poppy- Buff orpington
Nutmeg- New hampshire red
Princess Leia- Easter egger (that will be my dads- he is still very into star wars!)
Penny- Easter egger ( my mom went to upenn)

I like princess leia the best! ( for Princess lay-er , get it?)

Ha! All of my girls have "old Betty" names. There is Mildred, Mavis, rose, Penelope, Agnes and Ingrid. Millie and Mavis are named after my hubs and I's late grandmothers- true country/mountain women!

I changed my signature, so all the names aren't there anymore. It was getting too big! My chicks:

Olive
Nugget
Lucy
Ethel
Henrietta
Wilma
Winifred
Cleo
Buffy

And a California Gray that I can't decide on a name for. She's black with a little bit of gray wing tips and the tiniest of all the chicks. She was hatched on the same day as Buffy, my Buff Orpington, but she's easily double the size of the California Gray.

We have 12 three week old chicks:

J-Lo - Barred Rock
USane Zebra Bolt- Barred Rock (courtesy of my 14 year old son)
Athena- White Plymouth Rock
Oprah - Black Sex Link
Wanda- NH red
Khalissi- Light Brahma
Gertrude (trudie)- light brahma
and the rest have yet to be named :)

I named mine after the First Lady's. Golden Comet : Martha Washington Ameracauna: Betsy Ross (well she was not a first lady but patriotic). RIR: Lady Bird

Back
Top Bottom