Cutting open bumble need advice like right now!!

Mattsiewrt94

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 5, 2013
His bumble foot is on the top I can't find a video how to cut it open on the top but I'm guessing you do it the same. Yesterday I bought some purple spray the guy said it would help kill the bacteria and it started oozing so I pushed some of it out yesterday and from the looks of it it went down alittle but it wouldn't really come out it was like yellowish liquid and the white stuff was hard not hard but idk how to explain but I'm going to cut it open in the next hour I just need some advice how to do it!! Don't mind the scabs on his face my other rooster got out and it attacked him big fight and I'm pretty sure that's how he got the cut on his leg but any advice is really appreciated thank you

And the purple stuff is the medicine they told me to spray on there

It's okay I still havnt done it because I didn't get any responses :/ I'm going to try it today

Your rooster looks like he has gotten beat up by the looks of his comb. Do you see a dark spot on the bottom of his foot? If not, the the wound on top looks a bit like a wound that has become infected. In your other thread someone gave you good advice to soak his feet in warm epsom salts. I would treat the foot with just cleaning it with Betadine,opening it and squeezing any pus out, apply neosporin ointment. I noticed that you have several threads about this same rooster. It would be best if you stay on the same thread and just post updates--that way people can read what has been posted before without repeating the same advice. Here is a link for bumblefoot surgery: http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/07/bumblefoot-causes-treatment-warning.html

Last edited:
I just cut it open I took the scab off and got the hard yellow stuff out and now it's just a red hole I don't understand the swelling didn't go down

It will take the swelling a few days to go down if you squeezed out all of the infection. Keep Neosporin on it and a bandage. I responded to this earlier, but my computer shut down, sorry. When I first saw the picture I was concerned that the swollen foot might be a sign of MS or mycoplasma synoviae, a type of CRD that affects the bones. Keep an eye on the wound in case there is more infection.

Dont expect the swelling to go down right away, give it a few days maybe a little longer. Flush the hole with iodine or betadine, then pack it with neosporin. Then put a gauze over the hole and use duct tape to wrap it up. Cut thin strips of duct tape to go between the toes if necessary. Also, dont wrap the duct tape too tight. Your roo wont be able to remove duct tape keeping the wound clean. Wait 3 days then remove the duct tape and gauze, then take a look at the hole to see if it has started to heal. Then repack it with neosporin and wrap it up as before. Check it again in about 3 days, it should be completely healed by then and swelling gone down.

Back
Top Bottom