Cyn! Where did the time go?? Day 20 cheep cheep!

ya.gif
woot.gif

OMG!!!!! how do you stand this ????? i have 3 pipped day 21 and all i want to do is finish the cracking so they can come out LOL they have had just this little tiny pip all day nothing new.... my little buttons hatched within 20 min of there first pip..... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hurrrrrryyyyy up !!!!

So far I have 8 hatched...I cant really tell at this stage which are orps and which are BRs. Ill have to wait until they fully dry off. Theres 1 blue orp for sure maybe 2. I think the other orps are black; Ill know better once they put their new duds on. Ill take pictures!

Im so ashamed to admit this, but I killed one of the blue orps. Apparently I put the egg in the carton to hatch upside down. When I picked up the egg to see if there was any activity, the chick had pipped and zipped all the way around, upside down, and I never saw it. wah wah wah!!!!!! I will be much more careful from here on in when placing them in the cartons.

Quote:
oh it happens it is quite sad when things like that happen but...we are only human so dont worry at least you have the other beautiful ones that you helped bring into this world.

That's too bad about that one, but don't beat yourself up. As far as the others, in my last hatch, I really thought I had three blacks. Later on, I realized that one was a very dark blue and he turned out to be an extremely handsome bird. It became more apparent as he got larger. So, they can fool you when they are really small.

Back
Top Bottom