Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LeBlackbird, Feb 2, 2010.

1. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all

Well the story's guide to raising ducks book says that there is an apple yard coloration so I might be wrong but it'd be the books fault ;) It's an American poultry association certified book, although not all the colors in the book are APA certified.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    Here this is honeycrisp as in an appleyard colouring...

[​IMG]

another shot

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  3. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    HNNNNNNNNG I WANT ONE

4. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    wow. Not only is she gorgeous, she's super cute. And her babies.I echo Amykins. This is a fun thread.

5. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    Seriously Quacks, can I have onna dem babies?

6. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    do it! Wobbles could have a pal.

7. JadeComputerGal

JadeComputerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2014
    West Chester, PA, USA
    People usually mean snowy. The patterns are similar to snowy but different genetically. The mini SAs are considered Bantams, but they aren't Calls. They're actually much different if you look at the two side-by-side. The mini SAs are larger, have longer bills, no chubby cheeks, etc. It's mostly just the pattern and small size that makes them look similar to Snowy Calls. I was surprised they weren't added to the Bantam standards this year. They've become very popular, though I don't remember where they rank in popularity overall.

8. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    I think they have to take a international type of thingy to be considered. But I do like like there coloring :) :p

9. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    LOL thanks guys. She never produced any young like her of coarse i don't have the right drake either i only have a grey, well okay now i have blue fawn one too but besides the point i am not even sure if the kids she hatched were her eggs as i had 3 females sharing a coop and nest hopping... oye.

Maybe one day i'll find a proper mate for her but at this point i have a bakers dozen for calls so am pretty maxed out... Mostly greys, 2 blue fawn ducks and 1 BF drake... and then her lol being the appleyard like colour.

10. JadeComputerGal

JadeComputerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2014
    West Chester, PA, USA
    Sorry. By "standard," I meant ABA and APA. Those are only for North America. I should have mentioned that since the standards differ among countries. I think the mini SA actually is a standardized breed in the UK, but I'd have to look that up to be sure.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by