Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

its a color for a call duck, but other mini apple yards are literally minature bantam apple yard ducks.

Really? I've never heard of an appleyard call duck. It's either a miniature appleyard...or a call duck. :p You sure you don't mean snowy or dusky calls? They kinda look appleyard-ish.

Well the story's guide to raising ducks book says that there is an apple yard coloration so I might be wrong but it'd be the books fault ;) It's an American poultry association certified book, although not all the colors in the book are APA certified.

Last edited:
Really? I've never heard of an appleyard call duck. It's either a miniature appleyard...or a call duck. :p You sure you don't mean snowy or dusky calls? They kinda look appleyard-ish.

People usually mean snowy. The patterns are similar to snowy but different genetically. The mini SAs are considered Bantams, but they aren't Calls. They're actually much different if you look at the two side-by-side. The mini SAs are larger, have longer bills, no chubby cheeks, etc. It's mostly just the pattern and small size that makes them look similar to Snowy Calls. I was surprised they weren't added to the Bantam standards this year. They've become very popular, though I don't remember where they rank in popularity overall.

LOL thanks guys. She never produced any young like her of coarse i don't have the right drake either i only have a grey, well okay now i have blue fawn one too but besides the point i am not even sure if the kids she hatched were her eggs as i had 3 females sharing a coop and nest hopping... oye.

Maybe one day i'll find a proper mate for her but at this point i have a bakers dozen for calls so am pretty maxed out... Mostly greys, 2 blue fawn ducks and 1 BF drake... and then her lol being the appleyard like colour.

I think they have to take a international type of thingy to be considered. But I do like like there coloring
smile.png
:p

Sorry. By "standard," I meant ABA and APA. Those are only for North America. I should have mentioned that since the standards differ among countries. I think the mini SA actually is a standardized breed in the UK, but I'd have to look that up to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom