1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by LeBlackbird, Feb 2, 2010.

1. JadeComputerGal

JadeComputerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2014
    West Chester, PA, USA
    What do you mean about being surprised you got a drake? Were you meaning to get something else and got that by accident?

2. Going Quackers

Going Quackers Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I just meant i was hoping to gain a blue fawn drake but this isn't a drive thru you get what you get, so was happy to gain what i wanted, that doesn't happen all the time when your hatching your own, buying it is more controllable especially if you purchase birds old enough to know their sexes.

3. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I have shown him before but i have just dubbed him 'blue' for now lol

[​IMG]

4. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I'm sorry your having such a time, unfortunately, i am not even in the US... maybe in the spring you will have more luck, any rescues around you? it's hard i know personally my calls stopped laying ages ago, as a matter of fact none returned to laying after all the babies hatched.

5. Julie Bird

Julie Bird BURD Premium Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Spain and Ecuador
    I feel it's a plausible scenario you present, Jade. The rounder little head's structure may just be the reason the cheek feathers puff out.

6. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    No, none that have waterfowl. And even then I couldn't take any of them in since they'd 99.9% be likely to be outdoor ducks. I'm resolved to the fact that I'm gonna have to wait until springtime, in fact I may have a chocolate bibbed egg with my name on it! I guess I'm just antsy since between non-vet related job offers and Wobbles' own well being, I worry. A lot.

7. Going Quackers

May 24, 2011
    On, Canada
    I understand, i think the fact calls laying season is so short is not helping you at all. You need a young bird, clearly as well. Have you consider another bantam breed?

8. Julie Bird

Julie Bird BURD Premium Member

Mar 22, 2014
    Spain and Ecuador
    super cute super cute

9. JadeComputerGal

JadeComputerGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2014
    West Chester, PA, USA
    He looks like a BF to me. It's really neat to get something you were hoping for but not expecting. Are you going to breed him with the BF ducks? You could get some nice pastels from that [​IMG]

10. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    TBH, not really...I know I'm being stubborn and perhaps a bit irrational but I'm dead set on another call duck. I'm in love with them, if I get another high quality one I won't have to worry about different sized diapers, and there could be the possibility of babies in the future. :3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by