Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

the jug thing is a good idea. The salt part boggles my mind but the jug thing I understand. I've tried it with horses in Ohio and well, the horses steal the jug and see how long it takes to destroy it.
gig.gif
Ravyn is in Tennessee also.

Oh, thankfully none of our horses have ever stolen the jugs and I hope they never think to do so. Sheesh that would be extra work to go find and pick up the stolen jugs in the paddocks or pastures. Glad our horses aren't that "helpful".
big_smile.png

I've never heard of that either, sounds interesting though. Wonder if it would work here in Mississippi. But strange that I have never heard of that and I've lived here my whole life.

In other news how are everyone's birds :).

Oh, thankfully none of our horses have ever stolen the jugs and I hope they never think to do so.  Sheesh that would be extra work to go find and pick up the stolen jugs in the paddocks or pastures.   Glad our horses aren't that "helpful".   :D
my horses are very helpful. If it isn't tied down it is fair game

mine wont play with the apple scented jolly ball we got her, but she also doesnt really like apples
my gelding mouse loves anything he can get in his mouth. He has a 10" green jolly ball that is a soft and squishy one. He likes to squish it down flat with his hooves and get it in his mouth and sling it across the barn or stuff it into his water bucket until it won't come back out. Then he gets mad cause he can't get to his water

Last edited:
my gelding mouse loves anything he can get in his mouth. He has a 10" green jolly ball that is a soft and squishy one. He likes to squish it down flat with his hooves and get it in his mouth and sling it across the barn or stuff it into his water bucket until it won't come back out. Then he gets mad cause he can't get to his water
i think my horse is just old and lazy

I have about fifty call babies at the moment including this one that I think might be a lavender bibbed. My first ever if it is. Let me know what you think folks

Last edited:

I have about fifty call babies at the moment including this one that I think might be a lavender bibbed. My first ever if it is. Let me know what you think folks
could be, also could be blue or silver. Have to wait that one out and see ;)

Do you all think these are call ducks? I just got them last night. They are scared to death, but I tried to put my hand there for size reference. The one has that adorable beak like a call, but the other one has a longer beak. They are fully feathered and quacking so I imagine they won't get much bigger.

Back
Top Bottom