Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
I have a question, if two silver calls mate will their only babies be silver? If not, what other colors could they have? If wanted I can post pictures of them.

If they are pure silver then I would say yes. These days though most calls have been mixed with other colors at some point and can carry the other genes recessively, even if they don't show them in their actual color. So it would really depend on the actual genetic makeup.

Thanks! That's what I figure. Guess it'll just be a surprise, ill have to wait for.

I already hate it and i've only had 1 baby hatched from my ducks, & those were my big ducks not my little calls.

Lol. Yep I hate anticipation of "what color" but it's still so fun :)
ik we had only had 2 choices for our baby but with our calls. Now tht It can pretty much be anything. Can you even tell when their babies

I have a question, if two silver calls mate will their only babies be silver? If not, what other colors could they have? If wanted I can post pictures of them.

Yes all silver, but if say for example the male is split chocolate you could get 25% chocolate silver females. Or if both were split white you would get a percentage of whites.

Yes all silver, but if say for example the male is split chocolate you could get 25% chocolate silver females. Or if both were split white you would get a percentage of whites.

So since that could be recessive there's always a chance of some else. Right?

So since that could be recessive there's always a chance of some else. Right?

Sorry I should have been more clear in my first post, if there are no hidden recessives on both sides for the same mutation, or any sex linked hidden genes on the males side (females can't carry sex linked genes) all the babies will be silvers, but if there are you'll get other colours :)

Back
Top Bottom