Da' Cute and Cuddly Call Duck thread!

Pics
Quote:
How much has your micro grown east? she is a beauty
smile.png

She has grown just a bit, Miss Lydia, but is still really tiny. She's also VERY spoiled and NOW has a boyfriend.
She has hated all of the other ducks we've tried to put with her and seemed to prefer just us. That was before Optimus Prime(spring hatch White Call drake).
We think it's true love.
love.gif

Well keep us updated on how the romance progresses, sounds like love to me..
love.gif

Hello all you Call Duck people! These are my first ducks ever and boy are they cute...i just love them. We call them all George except one. When we went and got our babies my son asked me "What do you do with ducks?" I told him you pet them and stroke them and love them and call them George hehehehe

DSCF1440.jpg

And this is the only one that isn't a "george". His name is Tiny Tim aka Timmy. I got him as a day old baby and when he was born a guinea picked his eye and he is wicked small. I thought his eyeball was actually gone but when I got him home I stuck him in a warm bath and cleaned him up....neosporin on the eyeball and a month later it appears that not only is his eye all better he can actually see out of it!

DSCF1441.jpg

While swimming in the pool my border collie (who doesn't have any teeth to speak of) decided to pluck poor Timmy out of the pool and roll him around in the dirt....
smack.gif
Timmy was just fine....just dirty and probally annoyed. He got a warm bath in the house and a heat lamp to dry and was good as new.

DSCF1499.jpg

Here's a couple of this year's drakes, almost all grown up now! "Little Boy Blue" is a Blue Bibbed, and "Screech" is a Blue Fawn:

2011Drakes.jpg

This is one of my Lilac girls, "Cheerio":

Lilac2.jpg

Lilac1.jpg

This guy is kind of a neat little oddity - I wasn't planning on keeping him, but he looks so neat I held onto him as a pet - his name is "Itsy" and he's a Blue Bibbed leaking Blue Fawn (means he's heterozygous for extended black - he's a mutt as far as color!
smile.png
)

It2.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
AH! I was there for about an hour on Saturday afternoon, I saw all the sweeties in your sale coops, and I actually looked around for you a little bit... I wanted the Chocolate drake you had for sale!
tongue.png
But, since it's looking like we're not going to be in our new house until well after first snow flies (it's a foreclosure, and the bank's taking an eternity to get back to us on our offer), my hubby said no. It's going to be hard enough moving all the birds that we have now mid-winter!
sad.png

So, I came home without any new Calls.
sad.png
I did come home with some critters though - two little kittens.
roll.png

By the way, duckluck - here's a Chocolate Bibbed daughter from the Self-Black drake I got from you last year in Portage (all the other babies in my last post were his too - I'm probably going to end up breeding the Lilac and Chocolate girls back to him in the spring to milk that surprise Chocolate dilution for all it's worth, and then we'll have to talk about me getting some new blood from you so I can work on type
smile.png
):

Cocoa.jpg
Cocoa2.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Call Duck lovers! I absolutely love everyone's pics! I'm actually getting a trio(maybe 4) tomorrow! I'm super excited! I saw 2 Call Ducks at the state fair a few weeks ago and just fell in love with them. Soon I'll be posting pictures here to! Talk later!

Back
Top Bottom