Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

Oh I did get another egg today. Do most ducks lay everyday or do some lay every few days? Should I expect my cayuga to take a day off soon? She has been going over a week straight now, not that I mind one bit! Also when should I expect eggs from my other girls? They are 12 weeks now and I thought they lay around 20 weeks but just was wondering what y'all have experienced.

One egg so far this morning. Peek is laying her egg later in the morning now, so I think she might wind up skipping a day soon. She's been laying non-stop since we cleaned the brush pile out of their run, and I have no idea how long she was laying before that since there were 20+ eggs under the brush pile.

Quote:
I know they sell camel milk in some places in California because there is a camel milk farm in Nevada and they ship all their milk to a co-op organization in California. (The friend that owns camels got his camels from the Nevada camel milk farm)

Gosh we learn something new everyday never knew that camels milk was that close. I guess that's why God gave us cows and goats much easier to get milk from them.
I would like to just be able to buy raw cows milk but illegal to sell it here in NC.

When I was growing up in upstate new york we had an industrious farmer who we used to steal milk from. He never shot at us or turned us in and we always left behind $1 / gallon in a small slotted wooden box in the milk room. We then poured it from the 1 gallon mayonnaise jars we stole it in into a plastic 5 gallon bucket we kept in the fridge. The bucket had a spiggot on the bottom and we drank the skim milk from there. When we got to the cream it was homemade butter/buttermilk, ice cream or whipped cream dollops we would freeze on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Yum!

When I was growing up in upstate new york we had an industrious farmer who we used to steal milk from. He never shot at us or turned us in and we always left behind $1 / gallon in a small slotted wooden box in the milk room. We then poured it from the 1 gallon mayonnaise jars we stole it in into a plastic 5 gallon bucket we kept in the fridge. The bucket had a spiggot on the bottom and we drank the skim milk from there. When we got to the cream it was homemade butter/buttermilk, ice cream or whipped cream dollops we would freeze on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. Yum!
We used to buy from the dairy farmer down the road, fresh out of the bulk tank. Now it's illegal for the farmers to sell like that because everyone is suddenly afraid of tuberculosis... I miss the raw milk - it tasted better than pasteurized..

Sent the family off to work/college with fresh duck egg breakfast sandwiches. Duck egg, bacon, and cheese on a toasted English muffin. So tasty! They were gone in a flash!!

We used to buy from the dairy farmer down the road, fresh out of the bulk tank. Now it's illegal for the farmers to sell like that because everyone is suddenly afraid of tuberculosis... I miss the raw milk - it tasted better than pasteurized..

Sent the family off to work/college with fresh duck egg breakfast sandwiches. Duck egg, bacon, and cheese on a toasted English muffin. So tasty! They were gone in a flash!!
Sounds yummy.

How come you had to steal it g?

Quote: Good idea
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom