Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

I have 4 kittens at the same age. They grew up with my fall batch of ducklings. The two week old ducklings would bully the 4 week old kittens, who insisted on sitting with them while I had them out in a storage tub during brooder cleanings. The ducks would chase them around and bite their tails. Now the first of my spring ducklings has hatched, and the early introductions are paying off!

6 month old Hermes sleeping with a day old duckling. He was gently grooming the baby before they both went to sleep...
That is precious

OK, I know I keep derailing this thread, but this time I am going to put in back on track
wink.png

8 eggs yesterday - 6 eggs today

wait
what is this?
later in the day...
Ok, either one of my ducks is REALLY slacking, or Tevye is REALLY outdoing himself...
yesss.gif

Weighing in at a whopping 3/4oz (20g) this monstrosity was in the middle of the duck house (probably couldn't fit in one of the nesting boxes.)

Anyone up for a snack?

OK, I know I keep derailing this thread, but this time I am going to put in back on track
wink.png

8 eggs yesterday - 6 eggs today

wait
what is this?
later in the day...
Ok, either one of my ducks is REALLY slacking, or Tevye is REALLY outdoing himself...
yesss.gif

Weighing in at a whopping 3/4oz (20g) this monstrosity was in the middle of the duck house (probably couldn't fit in one of the nesting boxes.)

Anyone up for a snack?

LOL! How did you ever carry that giant thing into the house by yourself?
lau.gif

LOL! How did you ever carry that giant thing into the house by yourself? :lau

It would have been easier but I had 13 voices mocking me at the time. BTW popped it open and no yolk. I think it's Tevye's... he has been nibbling the oyster shell and sitting in the nesting boxes lately.:lol:

It would have been easier but I had 13 voices mocking me at the time. BTW popped it open and no yolk. I think it's Tevye's... he has been nibbling the oyster shell and sitting in the nesting boxes lately.
lol.png

Just in case you thought I was kidding, here is a current DuckHouse Cam snap shot. Tevye and Entie are in the nesting boxes (Looks like just golf balls so far).
lau.gif

Tevye really is a different kind of duck
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom