Daily Duck Egg Report for 2015

I've been getting 5 a day for a week now. I'm trying to sell off the extras and all my neighbors have been getting some too. My husband is taking a dozen to work to see if anyone is interested in trying them out. I'm so happy everyone is laying and they are putting out! I've even had a few double yokers.

From 10 girls, I have gotten 7/8 eggs most of the summer and 3/4 all through September. Today was my all time low since they started laying around July of 2014 (last winter they were brand new layers and they wouldn't let cold or lack of daylight slow them down much - lowest ever was 2 eggs). Today I got 1 egg and it was only a "chicken medium" at 52g it was the smallest egg I have seen so far (except for the 2 odd-ball, no-yolk, 20g eggs that we are guessing Tevye must have laid).

I'm only getting 1 egg a day from 3 Pekins and 2 Swedish. They free range during the day and locked up tight at night. If they are laying I don't know where
sad.png
A read in another thread someone emptied their pond and found 40 eggs. I'm hoping I find a bunch when ours is emptied.

Back
Top Bottom