Daily Duck Egg Report for 2016

Yesterday I only found 1 egg instead of 4, that happens when the 6 get stressed out. Thought I would be nice and provide them with 2 tubs of warm water then I could also clean their coop. The Sun was shining and 49 degrees.
Today they will be getting out of the coop again.
For a while I thought I might have to eat all the eggs my self or sell them but after 3 months, my husband is willing to
have omelets for breakfast too.

Yesterday and again today, I found one egg out in the muddy pen.
ya.gif
I think this is from Beatrice, the oldest girl. There are three others who laid last year and the youngest who has not yet begun. It has warmed a lot these past two weeks here in nw Washington. I looked back and last year they did not start until mid March. There is no way to anticipate when full production will kick in, but I have one egg client who keeps asking. I plan to hatch next spring.

Still clicking along steady: Mostly 3...
Rhianon (WH)
Entie (Runner)
Dove (Runner)

Love this thread! I go out every morning with my coffee to "release the hounds" and find eggs!! My girls are champs. Today was a 9 egg day, meaning I'm missing 3... The Golden Girls (KCs) never miss! My mallard/pekin girls are almost daily and my Peep (mallard) is a beautiful blue egg, daily! If I miss picking up for one day, let the broodiness begin. They'd sit on rocks if I let them!!

Love this thread! I go out every morning with my coffee to "release the hounds" and find eggs!! My girls are champs. Today was a 9 egg day, meaning I'm missing 3... The Golden Girls (KCs) never miss! My mallard/pekin girls are almost daily and my Peep (mallard) is a beautiful blue egg, daily! If I miss picking up for one day, let the broodiness begin. They'd sit on rocks if I let them!!
I'd say your the winner for now @caesargirl .

Me 0 so far this year.

I'm envious of your broody ducks. Mine have never once gone broody, but they are all under a year old, so maybe that's to come.

Back
Top Bottom