Daily Life of Quackerz and Cheeze (Heavy Pics.)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Mother_Hen2011, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Ok So my buff orpington hen and drake are a pair to be reckoned with [​IMG] They love each other more than any thing and live their lives in luxury. They have their own coop and run (Which they dont like using unless my chickens are in it.. )
    They sleep in the chicken coop at night and have their own nesting spot.. (Although they perfer to sleep under the roost [​IMG]
    Anyways I got them in late April from TSC and have yet to receive an egg from my hen. I know she probably wont lay until the spring time... But was wondering if she might lay in the winter? They are breeding several times a day [​IMG] and its hilarious to watch!! [​IMG] (I know weird but still. lol) Im not sure if she lays if I should leave her eggs in there and hope she sits on them (I know they will be fertile.) Or what I should do if she doesnt brood them... I dont have a bator and I dont have the money to hatch them but would like some babies [​IMG] [​IMG] (You have to admit ducklings are adorable!!

Heres some pics of my love ducks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hen is Quackers and Drake is Cheese [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Always gotta look good for the lady [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    They never go to far away from each other [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Perfect Love [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    He always looks out for her when shes sleeping in the water [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 1, 2011
  2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG] So cute!!

3. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:Thank you [​IMG] Im gonna add some more pics once I get them uploaded if youd like to see [​IMG]

4. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009
    I'd love to [​IMG]. Ducks are so adorable.

5. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:Oh I know I cant get enough of them [​IMG]

6. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:She probably wont lay till spring. there is a good chance she will go broody, but ducks arent the best broodys I hear until a year or two old (hopeing my two hens go broody in spring, they will be a year and a half) they are lovly, I might be getting a buff hen in spring, seeing your pics reasures me I still want one [​IMG] [​IMG] good luck and let us know if she goes broody [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Dec 22, 2009
    Me either. Pretty soon I'm gonna end up with whole backyard full of them [​IMG]

8. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    [​IMG]
    Quackerz is beside her self when she cant find Cheeze [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So he shakes his head and honks for her! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    As she wonders around aimlessly in search for her love [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She makes her way towards his honks and finally together at last! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:She probably wont lay till spring. there is a good chance she will go broody, but ducks arent the best broodys I hear until a year or two old (hopeing my two hens go broody in spring, they will be a year and a half) they are lovly, I might be getting a buff hen in spring, seeing your pics reasures me I still want one [​IMG] [​IMG] good luck and let us know if she goes broody [​IMG]

Oh I will definantly [​IMG] I kinda figured not until spring but was just making sure [​IMG] I really want ducklings and she will be a year in April so [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    Quote:[​IMG] I love them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by