dancing rooster

capertsonfarm

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
HI! this is more of an observation and wondering if i am the only one with an odd roo. :) My roo started doing a sideways quick step yesterday whenever i get near him and the ladies... he is a typical roo and is very protective. Anyone else have a guy like this? trying to catch it on video, and then will have to figure out how to upload that on here!

The dance is normal. He is showing that he is boss. My rooster has done the dance while I was walking with a huge bowl of feed and then he spurred my leg! Roosters will be roosters! They also sometimes do the dance just before they mate a hen.

The wing dance tells you he's the stud of the flock and you better respect him!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! X4 Ya, your roo is trying to tell you where he thinks you should be in the pecking order, lower than him.

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome To BYC! X4 Ya, your roo is trying to tell you where he thinks you should be in the pecking order, lower than him.

That's what he's thinks anyways.

Welcome to BYC - agreed that it is a dominance thing. Keep an eye on him the progression generally leads to flogging. You will very likely need to convince him that you are the BOSS.

Back
Top Bottom