Dang city ordinance!.

Well one other thing i learned is that when it came to the 'chicken rules' they did not have alot of official rules. I also learned if you show the neighbors respect by talking to them about things, most are very nice.

i know some people suggest talking to all your neighbors to make sure they are okay with having chickens in the neighborhood, but i think that is just inviting trouble. The first time someone puts stinky fertilizer on their lawn, everyone will blame you for the smell.

i personally don't want to put a spotlight on what i'm doing and hope no one takes offense. We are allowed to have chickens here, but i'm a little close on the set-back requirement on one side. Fortunately, the neighbor on that side is generally busy doing his own illegal activities behind closed doors with shades drawn, so it's a win-win situation.

tongue.png

Cemeteries make the best neighbors, but then again some of my neighbors look sort of like 'night of the living dead' anyway. No complaints. As long as they don't bother me.

Quote:
Thats true....I did not mean for EVERYONE to tell the neighbors. I said that in regards to the rooster being there which they will most likely hear. If you make yourself approachable i think the neighbor will be less likely to go running to the town over it. I was VERY lucky with this method. I told the closest neighbor that if they think they hear someone being murdered in my yard, its just my rooster
roll.png
If they are bothered by it to feel free to tell me and i will understand.

Back
Top Bottom