d'anver lovers,discuss the breed and post some pics!

I was thinking it ment "This end up"

smack.gif
I was not ignoring you, I was recruiting and picking up My Little Love! I am home now and I will deal with you and your little devil nuggets tomorrow. hahahaha

Out of 30 eggs only 12 are growing. I've lost a couple even though they were indeed growing.

My younger eggs I have 11/18 growing. 4 Blue quail, 4 Quail, 2 MF/Por and 1 Silver quail. (day 6)
celebrate.gif

This is my day 10 candling for my first shippped eggs, Out of 12 -

3 Porcelain Clear since day 1.
1 porcelain quitter... pictured below.
1 MF questionable bloodring/quitter.
2 Porcelain thriving! Yay. 5 Millie Thriving.
love.gif

So we have 7 of 12 still working on it! Very pleased with that! Sad about losing some though all the same...
hit.gif

Here is a picture I took of one of the quitters, so if anyone else needs to know what it looks like for their own education, if youre a first timer like me. The dark lines are actually red, showing blood ring and the clearly formed embryo has stopped growing as you can compared to its thriving sibbling in the next photo.

Aubrey, I have been thinking again (sometimes it works). I got 5 black hens and a black rooster out of silver quail x white. If I mate those I will get some white birds that would have silver genes. My question is would they look really bright white without the brassiness you see on a lot of white birds at the shows. Then there is the outside chance at columbians and silver duck wings.

jj

How about some pictures?

this weeks batch- quail, blue quail and buff columbian

Update on the d'Anver townhouses, It is going kind of slow,work,rain,mowing,chickens. But I am off next week should finish up.

yep JJ,
Everything you get from a F1 cross to a recessive white bird will almost always be black.
Yours carry recessive white and silver and quail now
so a back breeding will get you some of most all those.
I have never done the cross so not sure how clean the white will be. Rec white only mask color, so it is almost always bad about a little bit of leakage coming out over time. Usually 1st year birds are clean, but after the first adult molt, males will often get a yellowy tint to the duckwing areas of the body. Being based over silver does help this a lot. My white phoenix are over silver and 100% spotless, so I'm betting it will help clean up the over all color in the long run. Being over a pattern and not a solid like black though, I'm not 100% sure the long term effect

will just be one of those wait and see deals, but like I said, has worked great on the phoenix

Hi everyone! My trip to Georgia was over too quickly, I always enjoy every minute I get to spend with Speckledhen and her flocks. I came home with 20 babies, 1 Little Love and my two daughters of Suede that Speckledhen and her husband did bumblefoot surgery on for me. I have been immensely blessed in my friendship with her because she has shared her knowledge, wisdom, experience and methods with me. I learned how to trim spurs from her on one trip and this time, how to perform bumblefoot surgery. One hen was very easy and one far more difficult and all of that is not to mention my appreciation for her letting me bring birds on her property (well into her basement). Zena was thrilled to see her again having hatched and been raised by Speckledhen, she was more than happy to be held and cuddled by her. Again Cyn, my deepest thanks to you and Tom for having Cheyenne and I in your home and for all of your help with my special girls.

Now...on to talk of warfare Mr. JJ...I let My Little Love, Rufus, relax his first night here in Kentucky, Tuesday was touring his new domain and the training grounds, swinging on the porch swing and rocking in my recliner while we discussed strategy. Today, he met his new women...the 4 beautiful hairy legged Belgian d'Uccles he will probogate new recruits with. Rufus, being everything a male d'Anver is expected to be, romanced the women with dancing and mealworms then he laid down the law and the rules! We strolled past the training fields where the 29 Orps, Orp crosses and Delaweggers were training next to the coch'anvers and d'anvers...the Olive eggers, paint silkies and porcelain silkies watched and made suggestions. I was told of rumors of AF units from Virginia buzzing the skies while I was in Georgia but I was assured that these units were unable to breach security and saw nothing! So JJ still hatching devil nuggets to add to your numbers? From what I can tell you will need 13 to 1 just to match the weight of one of my commanders, the Orps, so keep a hatching. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom