Dark Brahma Bantams

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by LynnGrigg, Jul 29, 2007.

1. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    Does anyone have any experience with these? My roo seems to be a dark Brahma bantam. He has a wonderful disposition so far. I love his coloring and nature. I wondered if the hens of this breed were decent layers. I'd be interested in having more of them. -Lynn

2. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    i have no idea - i just wanted to say i thought my roo was a dark brahma bantam - but it turned out he was a birchen cochin bantam

3. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Quote:Brahmas and Cochins have different combs. [​IMG]. My Buff Brahma bantam laid one egg, and then went into moult and was killed before she started laying again. I know Cyn (speckledhen) has a laying Brahma, she might be able to tell you! Atleast I think she's laying. [​IMG]

4. LynnGrigg

LynnGrigg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2007
    Winston Salem, NC
    [​IMG]
    John Robert definitely has a triple pea comb and yellow legs. His black feathering looks a little splashy in places. I think he could be mixed with something else. Lynn

5. KazAnder Farms

KazAnder Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    Machias, WA
    You can PM me if you have any particular questions, I have a small flock we're trying to develop into a great strain, but it's a 20 year project. As there are no really good types of the Dark Brahmas around in the PNW we are starting from scratch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by