Dark Shadow near air cell?

lmadeline146

Songster
Jun 6, 2022
Its currently Day 13 and I just recandled the eggs and I noticed one egg had a shadow around the aircell that was detached from where the chick was developing. It has some visible marks but I have no clue what it is. Has anyone seen this before or knows what it means?

Attachments

• 2FC678A8-0CDE-4A9A-B67D-8D1F7FB8A05D.jpeg
    2FC678A8-0CDE-4A9A-B67D-8D1F7FB8A05D.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 21
Its currently Day 13 and I just recandled the eggs and I noticed one egg had a shadow around the aircell that was detached from where the chick was developing. It has some visible marks but I have no clue what it is. Has anyone seen this before or knows what it means?
It's hard to tell from the pic, can you try maybe taking another one with a different light? There's too much light shining out around the egg, the light pollution makes it hard to see into the egg well.
Do you still see active veins or movement?

It's hard to tell from the pic, can you try maybe taking another one with a different light? There's too much light shining out around the egg, the light pollution makes it hard to see into the egg well.
Do you still see active veins or movement?
I tried using a strong flashlight but I still couldn’t get a good picture. I don’t see any active movement and when I rotate the egg slowly the inside seems to be very jelly-like. I can’t see any big veins but looking closely around the egg I can see a view that resemble what you would see on day 2-3 of incubation, so just very little ones. Inside the area near the air cell it also seems theres a little dark mark. Sorry if this is confusing, I have no idea what’s going on in this egg. :confused:

Attachments

• 8CEC93B7-3441-4428-BB93-D0C744EC3039.jpeg
    8CEC93B7-3441-4428-BB93-D0C744EC3039.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 6
I tried using a strong flashlight but I still couldn’t get a good picture. I don’t see any active movement and when I rotate the egg slowly the inside seems to be very jelly-like. I can’t see any big veins but looking closely around the egg I can see a view that resemble what you would see on day 2-3 of incubation, so just very little ones. Inside the area near the air cell it also seems theres a little dark mark. Sorry if this is confusing, I have no idea what’s going on in this egg. :confused:
No worries, haha.
Looks like it quit around 7-10 days if I had to guess. It doesn't look alive to me. You could leave it for a few more days in case, but if it starts smelling or oozing at all I'd pull it immediately.

No worries, haha.
Looks like it quit around 7-10 days if I had to guess. It doesn't look alive to me. You could leave it for a few more days in case, but if it starts smelling or oozing at all I'd pull it immediately.
Okay, thank you for the help :)

Back
Top Bottom