Dark spot on egg?

TheyBeChillin

Chirping
Jun 5, 2022
Hello! I recently found some abandoned wren eggs in my garage and decided to incubate them. One of the eggs had a blood ring and died. However, the other egg confuses me. There’s no veins, no blood ring, and no rotten smell. Yet there’s a dark spot. Is this bacteria in the egg? Is it an embryo? I’ve never incubated eggs before so all of this is quite new to me. If I gently turn the egg, the dark spot remains still so it isn’t floating freely. I tried to get a good picture of it. Hope it’s clear enough! Thank you all so much 😊

Attachments

• 7DB6A4D8-528B-4A61-938B-4CED43349A93.jpeg
    7DB6A4D8-528B-4A61-938B-4CED43349A93.jpeg
    340.2 KB · Views: 40
How long have you been incubating it?

You might be seeing the yolk. For comparison, you could try candling a chicken egg (just a normal one, meant for eating), and see if it looks similar.

How long have you been incubating it?

You might be seeing the yolk. For comparison, you could try candling a chicken egg (just a normal one, meant for eating), and see if it looks similar.
I’ve been incubating it for roughly five or so days

I’ve been incubating it for roughly five or so days
I don't know quite how fast a wren egg develops, so I would give it about two more days and then candle again.

At that point, if it still looks the same, it is probably not developing. But if it IS developing, it should look different by then.

A chicken egg out of the fridge will have a yolk but no chick inside, so it's handy for seeing how an egg looks when nothing is developing.

I don't know quite how fast a wren egg develops, so I would give it about two more days and then candle again.

At that point, if it still looks the same, it is probably not developing. But if it IS developing, it should look different by then.

A chicken egg out of the fridge will have a yolk but no chick inside, so it's handy for seeing how an egg looks when nothing is developing.
Okay, will do! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom