Darn bear

I heard that bear fat was really good in baking. Not only that but that bear meat is really good. I bet his freezer is full!

Arklady

clap.gif
congrat on the bear , it might make a nice pelt if there arent alot of holes in him good shooting

I can picture a bear skin rug in front of the fireplace!!! Good job, it's sad it has to be this way though. It's weird though how these things always seem to happen between 3:00 and 4:00am.

We used to live in that general area - over the mountain near Placerville, but left around 16 years ago. Even then, the urban/wild interface was getting overlapped. We had bears on our property and missing animals all the time. BUT I never saw them. My son later told me one day he was home alone and went out on the deck and came face to face with a bear so he went back in the house and locked himself in. Luckily, that bear had no desire to get into the house - if he could rip open that shed of Panner's he could have forced open the sliding glass door. When we lived in Canada our neighbors told us how they had to kill a bear the year before who decided the chocolate chip cookies baking in their kitchen smelled good enough to come into the house and make itself comfy. My friend said that with their bear, it didn't die immediately and it sounded like a kid crying after getting hurt. No one expected that. While in Canada a she-wolf decided to start stalking the children as they would walk from one neighborhood to the other. One night a neighbor opened their front door to see the glow of eyes looking back. They knew that they had to kill it or else the kids would be the next meal. Near Placerville, a few years ago a jogger was killed and eaten by a Mountain lion. Yes, it is sad when you have to kill something like that but the problem is that we are living in their areas and they are losing their natural fear of humans.

I completely understand where your coming from. I live in NH and although ours are black bears we have a horrible time with them. They will attack and they have become over populated. I dread spring because that is when they are by far the worse. People here are to blame! They think its cute to watch them from the window or porch and feed them. Do you people not realize what damage a bear can do to a house. If it wants in, it will get in. There isnt much that will stop a bear other than a rifle.

I believe in letting creatures live too, but you've got to draw the line when they are becoming a neusance.

What some people don't realize is that a bear WILL break down your door or bust a window to get into your house! Between the droughts, fires , treehuggers and careless city folk, the wildlife comes to human inhabited areas to find food and water and they are NOT afraid of humans. To them humans =food and water. Luckily where we live in CA the bears stay five miles up the road where a lot of"weekend" or relocated city folk live. I agree with panner, they leave their trash around and don't clean their b-b-q's. Earlier this year we had a black bear break into two houses. One through a plate glass window, the other tore off the kitchen door after climbing the staircas!
Great shooting panner!! I LOVE bear meat, haven't had any since childhood though:hit

Monica

Back
Top Bottom