Darn you, BYC!

I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS POST AND ALL OF YOU CHICKEN LOVERS.................WE CAN HAVE HOPE THAT THINGS CAN CHANGE FOR THE BETTER, AND AT LEAST WE ARE ALL DOING OUR PARTS.......GOD BLESSYOU ALL:thumbsup

N&MSchroeder :

And I would rather step in chicken droppings than dog droppings!
lau.gif
Chickens aren't dirty at all. I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I smell their feathers and they smell like fresh air and hay. I love it!

...with a hint of dustiness. Oh, and their feathers sound like rustling autumn leaves (when they're not boking and squawking and drowning that out).
wink.png

I agree, I love smelling their feathers, especially on their backs where it is always clean!
big_smile.png

N&MSchroeder :

And I would rather step in chicken droppings than dog droppings!
lau.gif
Chickens aren't dirty at all. I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes I smell their feathers and they smell like fresh air and hay. I love it!​

Quote:

I feel the same. Don't think twice about stepping in chicken poop or horse crap for that matter....but dog stuff, there's something just plain nastey about it! lol

lau.gif
I am glad I opened this thread.. Nice little laugh this morning over my coffee. I too though know the feeling of eating eggs flavored with chicken sadness
sad.png
It is down right depressing! I bought a movie from a Dollar General a few months back and it changed my look on store bought meats FOREVER! Movie is NOT recommended for Pregnant viewers in highly emotional states.. Movie is: FOOD INC. The biggest eye opening documentary I have seen!!!!
ep.gif

You know... they should put that warning label on everything that would make a pregnant women cry.. man did I do my share when I was pregnant!

Quote:
...with a hint of dustiness. Oh, and their feathers sound like rustling autumn leaves (when they're not boking and squawking and drowning that out).
wink.png

I think it's totally amazing that ya can actually hear them grooming if you are in the coop and they are quiet nuff.

Quote:
I'd say you are! In crazy company that is
smile.png

Nothing wrong with us crazies!!

Last weekend we packed the trailer all three old dogs,and 2 kids and headed out to explore...my hens are molting right now, so we didn't get enough eggs for campfire bkft the next morning. I stopped at the store got a dozen free range/ organic eggs for way too much $. Well to make a long story short, boy were we not happy campers...they left out the flavors!! Mind you the shells was way prettier than my girls lay, but the inside did not compare one bit! I can never buy store eggs again my girls have ruined me!

I was raised on farm eggs and when GF passed away (22yrs. ago) that was the end of that. Now that I have my own laying chickens I can't see how I stomached those store bought ones for so long!! Nothing compares!!

Back
Top Bottom