Daughter is concerned........

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
I am asking all of the BYC members to pray for my youngest daughters chick. We picked up alot of chicks yesterday and she and her sisters got to pick out their own....my youngest picked out the runt of the Black Sex Links. Well not actually the runt but it looks like the hatchery just piked this one right out of the shell and put it in transport to the feed store. The chick made it through the night and seems to be on the bottom of the pecking order. When I seperate her from the others she peeps very loud
hit.gif
wanting to be with the others, so I left her out with them.

So far she is holding her own but my daughter is still very concerned. She named her Eclipse. I pray the chick grows up to be the prettiest one that she has. Thank you.

your daughters baby is in my thoughts. i would keep an i her though. If the others are picking on the little one take it and one or two of the ohters out of the main group and see if that helps with the peeping.

Hello,
GOOD LUCK & BEST WISHES.

How Many Chicks did you buy?

It still may be a good idea to seperate it if you have a lot of chicks, They will never give it a rest to grow stronger.
Maybe seperate and put one other chick in with it for company.

:)

We bought 28 chicks yesterday (for us) and 35 for a friend but they are with him now. She (eclipse) is doing really well right now. She is drinking and eating, still looks a little wobbly though but I think she will strengthen.

The 28 chicks are seperated into 2 different boxes (big boxes) and there are 14 in each box. I have observed them for a couple hours this morning and it seems that when Eclipse is picked on she sort of "picks back".

Last night she had 2 small bald spots on her and this morning they are almost filled back up. Do the feathers really grow that fast? if so, wow. Our 18 day old RIR's are seem to be scared of the smaller ones for some reason. No they are not in the same box. Just thought I would send an update Eclipse. If there are any more changes I will post later. Thanks for understanding the love of a child and her pet.

Back
Top Bottom