daughter is in the hospital- Guillian barre syndrome what should I

I like the stories of 30 years Ive been a CNA in nursing homes for 20 years so Ive seen alot of youn ones pass (in there 40s to early 50s)after years of being crippled and in lots of pain. I know someone 60 that uses a cain but does walk and has had it for 40 years but Im still scared. daughter hasnt been to church in years but does believe and tommorow is going to church with her friend
Quote:

Whoa there! I have been down this same road and must caution you against worrying yourself sick! MS strikes each person in a different way and can leave as suddenly as it came (as in my case). I too had numbness as well as a number of other symptoms and positive MRI's. Doctors are very reluctant to say 100 percent that a person has MS in cases like mine as it can colour the way they conduct themselves entirely. I have totally recovered from my episodes and have put it WAAAYYY behind me. I will deal with it IF and WHEN it recurs......but it is possible it may never! So, please ..... take a deep breath and deal with it as it comes, not as it might.

freshegg,
Please take care of yourself . You have a lot on your plate right now. Sounds like your daughter is going to need your help. But first, you must take care of YOU!!
Diagnoses may change depending on the test results- they already have in a short time. They may again. Please try to get some sleep tonight. Tommorrow will be another day. You'll handle it better with a good night's sleep. You and your family are in my
prayers.
Patty

well I hope it does change right to nothing but a virus that will pass. 1 thing they said her white cell count was up and I really dont see why it would be up from ms but a virus would make it up. she asked about this and they say stress can make it up
hmm.png
any docs on byc know?
Quote:

First episode 4-5 years ago. No numbness etc since then. Only a couple of spells of severe tiredness but besides that......absolutely nothing! There is no reason to believe that this won't continue. Think positively.

Last edited:
I was reading through old posts,and I came across this one about your dd having GBS. I know it an old thread,but just wanted to say I hope she has recovered from it by now.Did the docs ever figure out what caused it?

Wow. I was reading through these posts before I realized they were from last year.

I am thinking of the family.

Thanks for refreshing. There's always a reason for everything.

Back
Top Bottom