Pics
Looking good. My tomatoes have tomatoes started already. :yesss:
Thanks! And that’s awesome! These have lots of flowers already so hopefully we’ll get some tomatoes soon! Any way to tell which variety is which just by looking at the plants? I forgot to label lol or rather, I labeled the initial trays but not the cups when I moved them. Oops. 😂🙈 my theory is the super bushy one is the cherry tomato but I’m not sure. I should have cherry and beefsteak.

Thanks! And that’s awesome! These have lots of flowers already so hopefully we’ll get some tomatoes soon! Any way to tell which variety is which just by looking at the plants? I forgot to label lol or rather, I labeled the initial trays but not the cups when I moved them. Oops. 😂🙈 my theory is the super bushy one is the cherry tomato but I’m not sure. I should have cherry and beefsteak.
Every variety can look a bit different as far as leaf shape or how dense the plant is. There are determinant and indeterminate. Otherwise I wait for the tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes generally come in a group, and beefsteak are generally one here and one there.

Every variety can look a bit different as far as leaf shape or how dense the plant is. There are determinant and indeterminate. Otherwise I wait for the tomatoes. Cherry tomatoes generally come in a group, and beefsteak are generally one here and one there.
Thanks!! That’s good to know! Very useful.

Any way to tell which variety is which just by looking at the plants? I forgot to label lol or rather, I labeled the initial trays but not the cups when I moved them. Oops.
I have learned to label stuff. And write it down in my garden journal. "Oh, I'll remember that." Nuh uh. Nope.

This year, I numbered the rows of tomatoes, and each one in the row. I was thinking of my 8th grade math teacher talking about "ordered pairs" when I did it. :gig

Tomatoes (5,5) and (5,6) have flowers on them. :thumbsup

I have learned to label stuff. And write it down in my garden journal. "Oh, I'll remember that." Nuh uh. Nope.

This year, I numbered the rows of tomatoes, and each one in the row. I was thinking of my 8th grade math teacher talking about "ordered pairs" when I did it. :gig

Tomatoes (5,5) and (5,6) have flowers on them. :thumbsup
Yeah I definitely should have labeled! Ah well. Too late now I guess. Yours sounds like a good system though!!! And I’m glad yours are doing well! All mine have flowers too. 😁 even the squash has a giant flower already! The peppers not so much. 😭 maybe soon?

Back
Top Bottom